eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pinterest question..help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Pinterest question..help Reply with quote

Im trying to learn pinterest, and if anyone can answer this question I would greatly appreciate it.

When I created my business account, I used my business name nuclear nostalgia, and of course tied it to my ecrater site. but every pin I upload says its Ecrater, so ecrater will get the followers not nuclear nostalgia.

It does link to my store, but its not linkting to my pinterest account. I guess this is because is says ecrater.com. i also cant claim it obviously.

Does anyone have a work around for this?

here is the pin I'm dealing with in case it helps:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/722687071432164401/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Chakracord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't able to find "nuclear nostalgia" under People section so it may need to index as a new member.

Did you set up boards to pin to under your account "nuclear nostaligia"?

When you pin your items then it should bring up your lists of boards you created to pin to under your account.

You don't have a lot of items in your store right now, but you could have a board
Items I sell
Games and Toys

and as you add more then add more boards.
You can add boards of some of your interest as collectibles and then start your own Collectibles of items you sell.

I am not sure if I am explaining myself right and I am still learning Pinterest.
I have 3 accounts for 4 of my stores on eCrater.
One of them is all the clothing and I am still adding clothing to that shop.
On pinterest I have boards for
Tops I sell
Skirts I sell
Dresses I sell plus more boards
then to go with those for sale boards I have a board on clothing info. that have how to measure tops, types of collars, styles of dresses. <- This is add a little variety without taking away that it's for selling my items.
I also have a board fellow sellers that sell clothing to help some of my friends out.

THEN, I create, earlier this year, the 4th Pinterest account for sellers to join and sell. I call it SellersMall. I have a separate thread on eCrater- sellers only section.
https://www.pinterest.com/sellersmall/

If you want to take a look, please feel free to.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will tell you how I figured Pinterest out. If you have a Kindle subscription, go to the Kindle store and look up Pinterest and you will find a long list of e/books on how to use Pinterest. find 10 books with the most recent publishing date or latest edition. Download a sample of all ten books. Read the samples. I found that just reading the samples, I had enough info on how to use Pinterest and how to get followers, etc. I currently have 23,500 followers so something worked Smile. I haven't spent as much time there this year, as I have been pushing to get more inventory that would sell for this time of year. I have over 100 boards and I love Pinterest and to use all the ideas that I have found I think I would need to live to be 817 to try them all!

When needing how to learn to do something, I have found that just by the way authors set up their books and with a sample being about 10% of the book (starting from the beginning including index etc.) so the longer the book the better. But amazing what you can learn and amazing the utter drivel some folks write!

I would try to give you more specific advice, but some things have changed and I am not up to date with all the changes and don't want to lead you wrong. Here is my url if you want to check my Pinterest out https://www.pinterest.com/gailetesews/_followers/
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnk you for the suggestions! Im starting to learn more, I already have 260 views! woohoo and a few clocks, but no buys.

Chakracord, though it honestly is hard to understand you, no offense, I think I get the gist. I love your seller's mall! I'd love to contribute.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really too tired to be replying to anything, but it just hit me what I think your problem is and that is getting Pinterest to accept your site as a business one because of ecrater. You can't do it and it doesn't make a hill of beans difference as you can see you are getting traffic anyhow. I couldn't do it and unless someone is being a very quiet mouse, I probably have more followers than anyone else here. So not having a business account won't hold you back.
'

Focus in on pining good stuff and have enough boards to make it logical for people to see what you have and put in a few boards that are special to you so viewers get to know you as well.
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea..i think i dont need a business account. Pinning mybstuff and others. Its ok that it shows as ecrater since that will just be good for their rankings which is good for all our stores

Your pintetest is amazing..did you get a lotbof sales from it?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this year I've had 36 orders come in via Pinterest. Since I started counting them, 110.

I had wanted to be able to do exactly what Pinterest is set up to do, track and keep pictures of things that are interesting to me. So even without the business end of it I love using it and wish I had time to make many of the things that I have pinned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: