eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

uploading listings from another site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BagsAndThingsByEtta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: uploading listings from another site Reply with quote

Just joined and opening a shop. Why can I not upload a CSV file of listings from Etsy Is this only possible from ebay?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: uploading listings from another site Reply with quote

BagsAndThingsByEtta wrote:
Just joined and opening a shop. Why can I not upload a CSV file of listings from Etsy Is this only possible from ebay?
Welcome to eCRATER. A CSV file upload is not an option here. There are two options, a bulk import from your active listings on eBay or a bulk upload in a tab delimited file. If you have a CVS file of your Etsy listings, you should be able to convert it to a tab delimited file.

There are probably many ways to make this happen, but here's what I would do. I'd import the CVS file into an Excel file so I could work with the file. You need to look at the correct column headings and the order required by eCrater. That information is available in your store admin under More Options > Bulk List/eBay Import > Requirements and Help. Scroll down to II. Bulk File Structure and review the requirements for your bulk file. NOTE, your photos must be located somewhere on the web where you can give the url for each photo. If your photos are only on your hard drive, you can still use the Bulk Lister with no photos then come back later and upload the photos for each listing. You can rearrange the columns to match the order required by eCRATER.

You will need to create the category structure for your store before you do your bulk upload. Once you've created your local category structure, there is a link to show the numbers of each category to use in your bulk lister.

Also, you need to be aware that you can't use the bulk lister to update your store. Changes to an item such as a change in quantity or the item sold elsewhere must be done manually. You can use the bulk lister later to add additional items to your store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus many that upload from eBay never seem to even take a minute or two to see how things transferred. So their listings are this big blob of words, many referring to auctions and eBay, etc. Anyhow they look like a mess. I don't know how these tab files look, but you might want to be sure things look like how you want them to. A lot of us older eCRATER sellers didn't have downloads to help us out so we did our transfers manually. For me, I think I did something like 5000 of them my first year here!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Etta, something to remember when moving from one site to another is to make sure your upload addresses the differences in the two sites. There is NO HTML coding allowed in our item pages here at eCRATER. As Moon pointed out, many people use a lot of HTML coding on eBay (including fancy templates) which uploads to eCRATER as one big paragraph that is unreadable. If your descriptions on etsy contained no HTML, then the upload should look fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: