eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Old Yahoo Search Result with Outdated Price

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YesterYearsGoodies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Old Yahoo Search Result with Outdated Price Reply with quote

I just sold an item at an old price. When I searched using Google, only the updated listing turned up, but yahoo search results had both old and updated listings. So, evidently eCrater lets the purchase succeed even if the price isn't updated.
The difference was minimal so I'm not going to refund and ask for the current price from the buyer. But am I correct in interpreting what happened here? How can I protect myself from it happening again, short of creating a new listing each time I revise the price?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you set up some way that people can buy straight from the internet or on FB or something like that? I can't imagine any scenario where a price being advertised on Yahoo is the one that a person pays!
YesterYearsGoodies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My setup has been about the same since I joined ecrater about 13 years ago. The buyer evidently found the old search result eCrater listing (through yahoo or some other search engine) and ordered and paid successfully starting with that eCrater page. I mentioned yahoo because I was able to bring up the old listing using it. The buyer paid with a credit card which was handled with Stripe.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please post the URL as found in the yahoo search result, and the current URL (as found in a markerplace search) ?

If you only had one of the item, the marketplace may no longer show the item in search results, but you should have a link to the item on the order page.

I am very curious to see how this might have happened.

N. B. while the search engines could theoretically retain old price information, the only entry to eCRATER should be a page URL, which would invoke the price currently stored on eCRATER, and not an outdated price.
YesterYearsGoodies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to your asking for specifics, Cosmic, I figured it out! My bad, not eCrater's - I had two listings for the same item with very similar titles, but had actually misspelled the search word in one of the titles, so only one showed up within my seller page. Thank goodness eCrater works better than that!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: