eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Facebook Group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cupperscharms

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Facebook Group Reply with quote

Hello,

I started a Facebook Group to help get your store out to more people to see.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/339664120216065/

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thriftychicshop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: THRIFTY CHIC SHOP Reply with quote

My experience with Facebook's page has not helped with sales. In fact, I have had two sales from there since I started my page there years ago. Meanwhile, I have over 860 page followers, but they don't get to see my post because Facebook makes sure of that and wants you to pay to reach your followers. https://www.facebook.com/thriftychicshop/
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for starting this group. I believe that posting links to your items helps your visibility on the net. We have other groups but one more will help.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you. Since G+ is gone I have noticed that my sales here are down. Sad Kind of like Google is doing whatever they can to be sure we on eCRATER don't survive as sellers, but I have news for them!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: THRIFTY CHIC SHOP Reply with quote

thriftychicshop wrote:
My experience with Facebook's page has not helped with sales. In fact, I have had two sales from there since I started my page there years ago. Meanwhile, I have over 860 page followers, but they don't get to see my post because Facebook makes sure of that and wants you to pay to reach your followers. https://www.facebook.com/thriftychicshop/

Are you using the FB icon in your store listing pages to send the listing with photos to FB? I have no trouble adding a few a day if I like. I send way more to Pinterest as it doesn't inundate anyone like can be done on FB. I haven't heard of having to pay to reach followers. Do you have a personal site or did you get yours set up as exclusively business? I can't even figure out how FB would charge you for your posts. Even on my business page, I can send listings with the photo with no trouble.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: THRIFTY CHIC SHOP Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
thriftychicshop wrote:

Are you using the FB icon in your store listing pages to send the listing with photos to FB? I have no trouble adding a few a day if I like. I send way more to Pinterest as it doesn't inundate anyone like can be done on FB. I haven't heard of having to pay to reach followers. Do you have a personal site or did you get yours set up as exclusively business? I can't even figure out how FB would charge you for your posts. Even on my business page, I can send listings with the photo with no trouble.

I think they are talking about how Facebook wants to boost your posts for a fee
I have tried that in the past and it really did not make a difference. I think it makes more sense to share your links to groups like this group Cuppers Charms is starting. it only costs your time.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my stores linked to FB but I don't post listings to my home page. Most of my friends are political. I think they'd stop following me if my posts were ads. According to FB I get 2 or 3 likes per day but I think they make up their stats.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think they are talking about how Facebook wants to boost your posts for a fee

I guess it sounded weird since I know that you can post your stuff without paying anything. I post to my personal page, my Moonwishes page, and the two eCRATER groups and will now post to this new one. Some days I don't post anything at all and I never try to go over 3 total posts in a day.

In the surprisingly few times, I list something on Amazon and I am the only seller, I can also post the listing there to FB. I, of course, don't post it to the eCRATER groups but will post to them from my eCRATER listing. I do though with every listing, include a link to more of whatever the item is such as a swimsuit pattern, I will also make a link to find swimsuits in my eCRATER store, even if the post is coming by way of Amazon. But as I said I only post things from Amazon is if I am the only lister or maybe if Miss Lastade is with me on a listing. Very Happy

I got an order from here in from Bing last night. Haven't had one of those for awhile! I do have to figure out what to do to substitute for G+ though.
thriftychicshop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the help! Reply with quote

I just feel like my followers aren’t seeing my posts on my store page. I also have a blog https://thriftychicshop.blogspot.com/ to promote my store. I am thinking about only selling vintage clothing that looks modern and versatile because they were my big sellers.
SunnysCreations

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

I joined.

Any exposure is good!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: