eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I delete an old inactive store?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JnLDoggieGearSales

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject: How do I delete an old inactive store? Reply with quote

How do I delete an old, inactive storefront I no am no longer using? I have browsed FAQs several times, I even sent a can you help me to eCrater. Somehow I knew that would ineffective and it was. OK, I tried first reply, I can't even open the storefront now. Now what? Help!

Last edited by JnLDoggieGearSales on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
PlaidPenguin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try logging in to the https://www.ecrater.com/admin/ page for that store's account? Then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the left side where it says "delete account"?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I even sent a can you help me to eCrater. Somehow I knew that would ineffective and it was.

How long did you wait for an answer? Not sure why you thought the team wouldn't answer you back, but it may take a day or two as they are live people and not robots with template letters. I assume they sleep sometime!

Plaid Penguin did have the correct answer. Two clicks and you are done.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I delete an old inactive store? Reply with quote

JnLDoggieGearSales wrote:
How do I delete an old, inactive storefront I no am no longer using? I have browsed FAQs several times, I even sent a can you help me to eCrater. Somehow I knew that would ineffective and it was. OK, I tried first reply, I can't even open the storefront now. Now what? Help!
When you wrote to eCrater, they probably replied to the email you used to open the store unless you requested a reply to a different email.
JnLDoggieGearSales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: closing my old storefront. Reply with quote

I waited for a response and I got the typical canned reply. Click on a link to FAQs that I have already poured over. And Yes plaid Penguin gave the right answer. But it only works if you can access the store the do it! Obviously until I can land on the lucky attempt at guessing my old info to get into the storefront, I am screwed. Thanks everyone fro your help!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes if you ask a very simple question, you receive a simple answer. If your question was simply, "How do I delete an old, inactive storefront I no am no longer using?", then a reply with a link to the FAQ was appropriate. I would reply to the email you received directing you to the FAQ with additional information regarding your problem.

1- Do you remember the exact name of the store? (Not what you called the store, but the actual name of the store if they were different.)
2- Do you remember the password?
3- Do you remember the email address you used to create the store? Did you change that email with the eCrater Staff at a later date? The email you used to create the store has something to do with how your store is identified to the system. That's why you can change the email in your admin where you receive orders & CS, but you can't change your store's basic email unless you send a request to the eCRATER staff. This is also why every store must have it's own email when you create the store.

You need to explain to the staff that you know how to close the store once you are in your admin, but you've been unable to access the old store because you don't remember the combination needed to get into the store. If you can't access the store, that is the real problem.

I had assumed you could get into your store since you are posting on the forum from "your store". It now sounds like you are trying to close a different store and want to keep JnLDoggieGearSales. You need to provide the eCRATER staff with as much info as possible. If there is no data in the old store you want to keep, they may be able to close it on their end with out the need to correct the problem that you can't get into the store.
JnLDoggieGearSales

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: store closing Reply with quote

No I cannot open the store, that is why I needed help. I will try to contact them again, and explain it to them in more basic terms. Thanks everyone for the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: