eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Power Air Fryer Elite !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Power Air Fryer Elite !!! Reply with quote

We got one today, it just seems so much better than a toaster oven so I will tell you what happens.

We also got the Power Quick Pot, for FREE for only $29.95 shipping. free LoL

So I will tell you how that goes, however they don't include a dang tray, kind of mad about that, you have to have that tray for a lot of things in that cooker. Correction ,, I just opened the box and it DOES have all the accessories, I am very happy about that, the racks are a part of the tool in my opinion for a multi-pressure cooker.

So far the new smell is not bad like these other people say for the Elite model.

Wow, well, I tried Echrich polish sausage , cut 2 into 4 per sausage. middle rack 370 for 8 minutes, lightly blistered the outside and hot on the inside.
It might be better lowest rack for 10 minutes.

Seems to work pretty good so far.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I cook in our air fryer a lot. It is not a big one but the basket can fit about 5 or 6 chicken tenders. We cut up breast strips, dip in beaten egg and shake them in a bag filled with seasonings and chicharones crumbs - fried pork rinds that have been made into crumbs in our food processor. No carbs!
We do the same with pork chops and fish. They turn out crispy and tasty.
PlaidPenguin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:

We do the same with pork chops and fish. They turn out crispy and tasty.

Have you fixed up catfish that way? Around here everyone loves deep fried catfish but I very much dislike using deep fat fryers.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the bottom surface, table-counter does not get hot at all, remember this is the "Elite" model and is well worth the extra $50. They thought out things much better.

I tried hamburger, 1/3 cup 3 of them, and I tried a bulging larger 1/3 cup of CHEAP burger.

It really was not bad at all, so far the only complaint is if you pull a tray of greasy food to flip (burger) it will drip on the bottom of the door opening.

Other than that this thing is really a nice machine, it's heavy, see-through door, has a light, door opens sideways, and so easy to work, and easy to clean.

I rate it at 4.5 stars out of 5 so far, but 5 star if I wasn't cooking a drippy item.

I ran the burger 3 smaller ones on center rack for 5 minutes on each side, I believe the burger we have made it rubbery, poor quality meat, the tube hamburger stuff, 80/20 I have had better cheap stuff.

I did the larger one at 390 , not 400, for 6 minutes each side, center rack, put cheese on for another minute, it came out less rubbery and cooked well.
So I will try the bottom and top racks soon and see what happens.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlaidPenguin wrote:

Have you fixed up catfish that way? Around here everyone loves deep fried catfish but I very much dislike using deep fat fryers.

I think you can fry catfish that way also in the air fryer.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should get a Power Quick Pot, it's an amazing thing.

Like an Insta Pot, same diff.

You all should really get one, the cooking possibilities are endless.

Plus there is nothing to do, come back, get cooked meals like a pro and all you did was wait for it to get done, fast.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an Air fryer for free to try out and review. My first try was some french fries following the instructions. Took me well over an hour to make. I was not impressed. Then I tried some chicken legs in it. Wonderful and quick. Then some chicken wings in a frozen state and in 15-20 minutes crispy hot wings. Also cooked chicken meat for quesadillas, and that turned out well. Most everything we tried has turned out pretty good. The other day I was at WM and found a magazine on Air Frying. I took it home and was impressed. My fryer didn't come with the accessories, but I think I may be getting some after reading some of the recipes. I am always on the lookout for super easy food I can make or help hubby to make. Between or toaster oven, the air fryer, and a crock pot that stirs, I have gotten some nifty items for my kitchen which speeds things up and makes it easier and I don't have to stand. My standing limit at this point is only 2-3 minutes, so anything that I can do sitting down is great for me. I have some new other things to try as well.

I used to watch those air fryer commercials and think it was really stupid when the kid ate the raw potato although I used to eat raw potatoes. I think they should have featured something like frozen meatballs or frozen chicken and poof supper it ready!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me...

You need and want a Power Quick Pot, just mind blowing good , it's like cheating on cooking.

All you need is a 6 quart, tellin ya the thing is amazing. Pulled pork ? 1 hour or depending how thick the object is (meat). Then you let meat items set for 10 or 20 minutes inside.

Pressure cooked (boiled eggs ?) 4 minutes, slap in cold water, no green yolks, easy peeling.

The air fryer is nice to have things cooking that make a greasy mess on the stove and timed so you have an idea as to when the eggs are done frying or other timing cooking things without a pan spattering.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't believe all the gadgets I currently have in my kitchen. When I got married for the first time, around 40 years ago, I remember thinking how weird it was that no one gave us a single plug-in appliance. I had grown up cooking from scratch and so other than a toaster and Sun Beam Mix Master, I was good to go for years. Then a microwave and a crockpot came into my life. The crockpot wore out right around the time soon to be hubby and I had our first Christmas. He gave me a new Crockpot. His mom and he had told me to make out a list and so I did. I think they got me everything on it!

Fast forward to the past few years. I have had so many different plug-in appliances to try and review its crazy. Plus other fun kitchen stuff. I just wish I felt better to cook. I will have to go look at the power pot. Perhaps someone would want one reviewed?

The toaster oven was the best thing I've gotten. We had only had it for about a week and I knew that the day it breaks down I will be at WM to get a new one we have come to depend on it so much! With just two of us, it saves on turning on the whole electric oven beside being at my height on the counter I don't have to bend over to put anything in or take it out.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have this ham bone taking up space in our freezer, so my next thing will be to try and make split pea soup.
And it won't be one of these whacko new recipes I see on a bag of peas , yuck.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yum! I love split pea soup and hubby doesn't so it is all mine when I make it! Talk about recipes for it. I have seen them in cookbooks and on the bag of peas and I can't figure out what is the point. I've even seen some that want you to use one of those inserts in the pot electric whisks to make it 'creamy.' Come on now, if you don't cook it until the peas fall apart and turn creamy on their own then the soup isn't done.

And all those ingredients? What is with that? Pea soup with the ham bone is a soup poor folks would make and it didn't call for 10-20 ingredients. I've been able to make it since I was a kid. One finely chopped onion, one finely grated carrot if you have one, one ham bone, one bag of split peas and water, apply heat. No spices, especially no salt unless you got ahold of a salt-free ham bone- LOL! no all sorts of other vegetables and other stuff.

Navy bean soup is made basically the same way, but I leave out the carrot.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celery, gotta have celery, carrots

The one on the bag says garlic, and sausage and all this other spice and stuff, just crazy.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the years, too many celery stalks have gone bad on me so I don't buy it anymore. I have found that when I want to make something with celery, etc. in it. If I get to the salad bar at my grocery store in time, I can scoop up some celery or whatever (it does go in bean soup) and just buy it at the salad bar price. Not frugal but not as wasteful and not nearly as much work to prep.

I agree, there is no room for garlic in pea soup, or sausage or any other stuff. As I said, I have seen recipes for pea soup almost 20 ingredients long! Way too much and then using that whisk thingy at the end-no way!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, pork spare ribs work very well with the pressure cooker, they had buy one get one free, so I cooked one.

Salt, pepper, and very light coating of sauce on the ribs. Use a wire tray to keep pork out of the liquid.

Wrap around the inside, one cup of water and an ounce or 2 of barbecue sauce in the water.

Cooked 30 minutes, let depressurize for 10 minutes.

Put on a cake pan , aluminum foil, slather the fresh sauce, then baked at 450 for 15 minutes in the oven, done.

Came out as good as you would want or think ribs should be.

I did not remove the membrane on the ribs, but cut a slit lengthwise on the back of the ribs when raw.
I did not brown the ribs.

The results using this Power Quick Pot, or another brand, it's like I am instantly such a good chef and hardly did any work at all. seems everything comes out , like I been cooking for years. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: