eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone else get a email like this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KRBUCKLIN

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Anyone else get a email like this? Reply with quote

OK, so I just got this email this morning and would like everyone's opinion

Below is the actual email:

To whom it may concern: 2009-5-22

We are a domain name registration service company in Asia,

Last week we received a formal application submited by Justin Lin who wanted to use the keyword "krbucklin.ecrater" to register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/ .asia/ domain names.

After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration are same as your domain name and trademark. We arent sure whether you have any relation with him. Because these domain names would produce possible dispute, now we have hold down his registration, but if we do not get your companys an reply in the next 5 working days, we will approve his company's application

In order to handle this issue better, Please contact us by Fax ,Telephone or Email as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Joy

Checking Department

Tel: 86 513 8532 2060
Fax: 86 513 8532 2065
Email:Joy@ntwifinetwork.com

Mail No.:1681423

Now my question is this. Should I be worried about them filing a dispute for this sub-domain? Is there anything at all I should be worried about? I've already replied and told them that this was my site address for my store under ecrater.com and I let them know that I have no intentions of changing my store name or the web address.

Could it be that this is some kind of scam to get something from me? If you notice this person is in the "Checking Department" whatever that may mean in their country. It's kind of fishy to me. Rolling Eyes

I would really like everyone's thoughts on this as I do not know how to proceed from here if problems should arise from this.

View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a scam. They probably will ask you for money so they won't take your domain name away. Haven't seen one like this before, but the only first name and the "Checking Department" are a dead giveaway.

If they actually done any kind of research at all they would know the domain name "krbucklin.ecrater" does not belong to you and is only a subdomain of eCrater and who it belongs to.

My suggestion is ignore them. It is kind of late to say do not respond to their email. But stop communicating any further.
KRBUCKLIN

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response ACRead

I feel it is a scam as well after re-reading the email and will no longer respond to them.

Thanks again!
acread

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem. thanks for sharing it. I'm sure it would be of use to others.
3finedesign

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are DEFINITELY a scam! I've probably had a dozen or so of them regarding my business domains & registered trademark. I did a Google search regarding these & there are many, many people out there receiving these types of scam emails. Just ignore them. Wink
zickit

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first clue --- you do not own .ecrater as shown
so just ignore
KRBUCKLIN

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not responded to these people and have put them on my block list but wanted to just post what their 2nd email looked like so others could see it.

Actual Email:

Thank you for prompt reply, As far as we know, Justin Lin wants to register the keyword with suffix, .cn/.com.cn/.asia/.net.cn/.org.cn/And Internet Brand.
I kown the domain name is first registered by your company, according to international registeration princinple,In order to avoid dispute,you enjoy the priority to register them. You would know domain name takes open registration, this is international domain name registration principle .
If you think his registration will confuse your clients and harm your profits, we can send an application document to you and help you protect these domains within our approving period. This is a better way to prevent domain name dispute. Hope get your decision as soon as possible so that we can handle the next step

Yours Sincerely

Joy

Hopefully knowing what these emails look like it will help others out.
acread

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The typical thing about scam emails, there is alwasy some urgency, something that calls you for action (you need to immediately contact someone or login to some place or go to some page). So you don't have much time to consider and see the nonsense.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: China domain name scam still around Reply with quote

I just got one of these emails today, so the scam is still going on. Just deleted it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: