eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping & Marketplace cost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Shipping & Marketplace cost Reply with quote

Business has been slow recently ...
My 1st question:
Why do some sold items show as marketplace cost 5.9% or marketplace cost zero%. Do you see a difference in sales 2.9% marketplace cost or 5.9%?

After all these years I tested the check out system for multiple items. The cart filled with items I didn't order .... shipping fee does not show up right after checkout (I have a flat rate to US only) which is the same for any US customer. I prefer knowing my total cost right up front.

I wonder if buyers are having the same issues.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order that are routed directly via your store's URL have no marketplace fee assigned. As to the other part of your question, there is insufficient data to tell if the higher rates generate what they cost.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping & Marketplace cost Reply with quote

ToyTraders wrote:
Business has been slow recently ...
My 1st question:
Why do some sold items show as marketplace cost 5.9% or marketplace cost zero%. Do you see a difference in sales 2.9% marketplace cost or 5.9%?
When you select a higher advertising level there are 3 ways a customer can reach your item. They can come via a direct link to your store in which case there will be no fee. They can come via a general search engine link to the marketplace in which case you will be charged the 2.9% fee. They can come from an eCRATER paid advertising in which case you will be charged the 5.9% fee (if that's the fee you selected). There are many ways eCRATER could advertise your items such as Google Shopping, Bing shopping ad, Yahoo ads, etc.

This information is also available if you click on the blue ? to the right of the place in your admin > options where you can select a higher level of paid advertising.

Quote:
After all these years I tested the check out system for multiple items. The cart filled with items I didn't order .... shipping fee does not show up right after checkout (I have a flat rate to US only) which is the same for any US customer. I prefer knowing my total cost right up front.

I wonder if buyers are having the same issues.
I have no idea what you mean by "The cart filled with items I didn't order". I went to your store and clicked the buy button for 3 items. Going to checkout I selected PayPal and was taken to PayPal to sign-in. Once I signed into my account, I was returned to your checkout page and was shown the order, subtotal, and shipping cost (which was the total of the 3 shipping cost). At this point, after reviewing the order, a customer must click the SUBMIT button to complete the sale. Since I was just testing the system, I backed out and deleted the items. If I had just closed my browser, I think the items would have been deleted also since the buyer doesn't have accounts to keep the shopping cart active after they leave.

I think the checkout page should give an estimated shipping cost before the customer selects their payment method, but that's just my opinion. At the least there should be a bold statement that the shipping cost will be calculated after the customer completes their shipping information.
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the info folks.
Back to work tweaking ... thinking on facebook and/or pinterest to help our collectors get their wares noticed; at the least.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have for the most part only used the 2.9% fee. Twice I tried something higher and after a month or more, all I noticed was I paid more in fees but didn't sell any more than usual. I went back to strictly using 2.9%. You have to understand that I do a lot of promoting on my own and get many orders that way. I don't know how it would be if I kicked back and let things go on their own or bumped everything up to 12.9% and then kicked back. No matter what, I always noticed when I'm not doing much listing or tweaking, my sales nosedive. In my opinion, FOR MY STORE, having a higher fee has been of no help. Not necessarily the same for others.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: