eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello everyone, new to eCRATER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExcessComfort

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone, new to eCRATER Reply with quote

This is Richard of Excess Comfort. I am offering unique bedding wider on the head end to keep two persons bundled (think blanket hogging). Looking forward to selling here and interacting with others on this platform. Believe my shop is set up correctly but it seems my products did not categorize correctly. Any constructive criticism is welcome. Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. One of the nicest 'About Us" that I have seen. Hubby and I had the same problem only it would wake me out of a deep sleep with the sensation of choking. The way he grabbed the blanket it was awful. I ended up cutting the King size flat sheet in half and then bought thrift store twin size sheets and we each have our own. Long before that, we had given up having the same blankets as I needed about half of what he did. So we each have our own set of bedding. But you have a very interesting solution. Very Happy
ExcessComfort

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishesstore, thank you for your input. Yes, two sets of bedding are a quite common solution. By nature, I just happened to go the other direction.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By nature, I just happened to go the other direction.

And a very interesting direction!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Those are certainly unique. Did you design them? Wouldn't most people just buy the next size up sheet or blanket? I never buy sets as I have a double bed and use queen size pillows and never use top sheets. My duvet is a queen also.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have a pattern that is garroting you in your sleep (both of you asleep!) the next bigger size won't always cut it. My hubby tends to roll himself in the bedclothes like he is a burrito and so when he already has the sheets too tight and he rolls away from me, I would feel like someone had their hands tightly around my neck. I was scared some morning he would find me dead and no judge would believe that he had killed me by choking me in our sleep! LOL! At that point, you have to get very creative!
ExcessComfort

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders, thank you for taking a look. Yes, unique this is my design. People can only "size up" to standard king size. If you have a king and need bigger you are limited to ordering custom made. We use a queen bed I at first I changed to sheet separates with a queen fitted, a king flat, a king blanket and a king duvet. It was a little bigger but still not for us side sleepers. There are a few manufacturers that will do one-off custom made items and they will be very expensive. Ah yes, the no top sheet option has become quite popular these days. All depends on the individual. Some people use two sets for two persons. I happen to create what worked best for us, wider on the head end where it is needed. In doing so, finally decided to bring my unique solution to market.
ExcessComfort

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore, I have to tell you, you are the first I've heard of a choking created by blanket hogging. I did have a woman (at an e-commerce workshop) say to me "why would I want such a large sheet to strangle me"? She is in the no top sheet camp. Sharing a bed comes with a whole set of challenges. Sharing the covers is only one and we all sleep differently. I agree with an ongoing pattern, a solution needs to be introduced for the given situation.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExcessComfort wrote:
MoonwishesStore, I have to tell you, you are the first I've heard of a choking created by blanket hogging. I did have a woman (at an e-commerce workshop) say to me "why would I want such a large sheet to strangle me"? She is in the no top sheet camp. Sharing a bed comes with a whole set of challenges. Sharing the covers is only one and we all sleep differently. I agree with an ongoing pattern, a solution needs to be introduced for the given situation.

Pretty sure he wasn't doing it deliberately LOL! When he was little his mom when she put him to bed tucked everything under from all angles so he has always been used to all his blankets and sheets tucked close. I'm not that way and after a year for nursing in a nursing home, there are things I have told him to be sure if I end up in one, to not let them do to me and one is not to have the sheets so tight especially over my feet. Drives me nuts. I like 'free' feet and now with arthritis, it hurts to have blankets too tight against my feet. The other thing is to tell them I do not drink coffee. I remember seeing how the aides would serve all these old folks coffee whether they wanted it or not. I HATE coffee and any aid trying to make me drink it will probably find I am spitting in their faces. To even be thinking thoughts of old folks homes, tells you I am getting up there in age.

I found in the hospital everyone has what others might call quirks, but for the patient, that is just what they grew up with. Even in a hospital when I have had surgery or whatever when they put me in the bed, the first thing I do is start kicking the sheets loose at the bottom. Your lady with not wanting a top sheet has most likely had an experience of being choked by a sheet from the sounds of things. I never worry about being chocked when alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: