eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Recovering ebayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shopcoppercreations

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Recovering ebayer Reply with quote

Hi all,

I wanted to introduce myself first. Hi! I'm Copper Creations. This is the first time I've been on eCrater. Have previously sold on ebay and etsy and may just keep my hand in there too, who knows.

I'm in the process of setting up my shop here and things are moving along. However, I can't seem to find out how to do a draft of a listing.

I thought I could make a draft listing of a couple of items that I have very low to no quantities of until I get them made.

Can I make the listing and put 0 in the quantity and it won't show up in my store until I put a quantity in?

Right now my shop is on HOLD until I get a large number of listings up but it should be up and running in the next few days.

Thanks for the info!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi welcome to Ecrater!

I have been here about 10 years but also have my wares on Ebay, Amazon and other venues. I think with all the new places popping up it is better to have many places to sell at. I hope you will like Ecrater - it is a great place to sell.

On your admin dashboard when you are setting up a listing ( in the products section, the Basic tab) you should see some options for Condition. Right above it you should see a square you can check called Hide this product. Just check that and your product won´t be seen in your store until you uncheck it.

When you first click products you see all your listings. If you wish to duplicate a listing click the purple (looks like folded paper) icon next to the google icon and it will make another one. This comes in handy if you have similar items.
shopcoppercreations

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for replying to my question. I did see that hide button when I first starting listing yesterday but I guess it didn't click with me.

I do think I'll keep my hand in ebay but I'm not going to pay for a store anymore. I'll probably be listing a few of my better selling items there but will keep eCrater for the bulk of my items.

I really needed more of a 'brochure' site and didn't want to pay an arm and leg each month for that.

I've read lots about all the different venues but I think this one will fit the bill for me. I do my own advertising so I think it might work out here.

Once again, thanks for getting back to me.

Best
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Looks like eCRATER will fit the bill for you. I would list your good stuff here as well and then hide/delete if it sells elsewhere. Promoting each of your pages via Pinterest will make it easy for anyone on your Pinterest board to see your inventory and have a direct path to your store here.

As to the hide/delete when something sells, this is your option. If you sell an item and then it is an out of stock item and you figure you will be restocking it, just hide the listing. If you sell something that was a once in a lifetime score, you might want to delete the listing when it sells. I get a lot of questions from folks wanting to buy whatever is on 'hold' and since I know they can't find it in my store as it isn't there, the buyer found an old link to the page. I answer their question courteously, tell them I am sold out but there are more items like it and give them the URL to my store for say the wedding veils they are looking for. I just do a search in my store and then send the URL of the search results to them. Sometimes I get an order, you never know.

Same thing about deleting the record of the sale on your admin pages. There is no reason for it and if you have someone asking about 'where is my stuff?' you can easily find by the date that yes you shipped it, it shows delivered, and maybe they even left you feedback! I have a store with a lot of inventory so I get questions from people asking when did I send them whatever. Because I don't delete any sales, I can tell right away, that they didn't buy from me. They see that I have the item for sale, so surely I must have sold one to them! If they had bought from me in the first place they would have! But when you see that you didn't sell anything to them, bounce them up to the eCRATER team for help. I don't know why some delete all there orders after a point in time. I've had over 5000 listings and sure don't feel the need to do so and the team has never told to get rid of a some of them. I would immediately comply of course, but for now, they sit there and relisting it only takes a few seconds!

Sorry may be TMI but I get going sometimes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: