eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

attributes for handmade candy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueribbonconfection

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: attributes for handmade candy Reply with quote

I just got a notice saying google rejected my listings, not sure exactly why but something to do with attributes, I did read quickly but am not understanding any of it. Kinda understand they want a upc code and other things but I do not have that, I do handmade to order candy. How do I do attributes for that? Thanks so much.
I just went back and listed homemade candy, sweets, Blue ribbon Confections, gluten free baked goods, and cookies, thinking those would be attributes but I am now getting a message those are not supported by ecrater. So what exactly are they looking for, or are my products not allowed on the site? Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater. Since all your products are handmade (and not related to clothing or clothing accessories) your attributes are going to be real simple. On the Google Attribute table page for any item you need to enter the attribute identifier_exists in the left column and no or false in the right column. Be sure there are no spaces before or after identifier_exists (which sometimes happens when you use copy/paste) and make sure you enter an underscore between the two words and not a hyphen. After you enter the attribute and value be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click one of the update buttons. That's it, just the one attribute! It may take several feeds to Google Shopping before the error message clears, but don't worry just give it time.

After you've entered the attribute, when you look at your item description you'll see this code at the bottom of the description [!identifier_exists:false!]. It does not show when you look at your items in the store view. If it does show in the preview, it's usually a case where you had an extra space.
blueribbonconfection

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been continuing to try to do the attributes but each time I get a message now saying that ecrater doesn't support my attributes. I am not sure why but getting really frustrated. Anyone help further will be appreciated. Thanks.

The attributes as I understand it I have been putting in as follows. BlueRibbonConfections then no
marshmallows no
glutenfreebakedgoods no
sweets no

and am getting not supported by ecrater.

Last edited by blueribbonconfection on Wed May 29, 2019 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what attributes you are trying as Sheila, has told you that you only need to do the one - identifier_exists:false. Be sure that the words identifier are NOT capitalized, NO spaces. If you want to insert them in your listing yourself, you have to set them up like this after you have finished your description.

[!identifier_exists:false!] Exactly like that or if you do it on the Google attribute page, identifier_exists goes on the left side with no spaces before the word identifier (nor any capitalization). false goes in the right column and again with no spaces.

That should be all you have to do.
blueribbonconfection

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I think I have it now, I hope. Thanks so much, Will go through and do all the rest of the listings.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good happy to help!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked back on the topic and checked your store. The first 5 I checked all have a space at the beginning of your attribute title which is going to cause an error. As I said earlier, if you use copy/paste it's real easy to pick up a leading space or ending space on the attribute title and it will not work.

It may be easier for you to add the attribute to the end of your description instead of using the table.

Go to the first product in your list (which would be the most recent listed) in your adminstration. I believe this would be Homemade Cherry Marshmallows. Look at your description and at the very end you'll see a code that looks like this:
[! identifier_exists:false!]
Do you see the space between the first exclamation mark and the attribute title? That's the problem! If you delete that space, and save your change, it will correct the code on both the item page and the Google Shopping Attribute table.
[!identifier_exists:false!] --- This is the correct way. NO spaces.

It may be easier to simple copy this code and edit all 20 items to delete the code shown and add the correct code. One item actually had the incorrect code twice which will need to be deleted and the correct code added.

The marshmallows look yummy! I was wondering about the size or weight? You say there are 18 in an order, but you don't give any idea of what a customer is actually going to receive. I was also wondering about shipping. Your terms say, "Marshmallows and baked goods are perishable and need to be kept out of direct sunlight or excessive heat. " How does that work for summer shipping? I'm in north Florida and at 2:30 in the afternoon it's 86 in my shady backyard and 96 in my sunny front yard. It's not officially summer yet. Will your product survive shipping outside of the northern states? I'm sure you are going to have a lot of customer who are going to assume they can't order. Maybe you would like to add something to your FAQ about summer shipping.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with Sheila's question, I was telling my husband how yummy they looked, and he was wondering is your kitchen is certified/registered for making food to resell?
blueribbonconfection

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila I think I have it right this time, thanks so much. I did fix the double one. Sometimes it takes awhile for things to sink in, thanks for your patience. And looking back I am still seeing that notice of Google not supporting.... unless if that takes a while to go away. I also did add a few things to the FAQ page, including the approximate size and shipping information. Moonwishes, I do have a license and that is answered in the FAQ page. I tried posting a image of it in the store but it is so small to see, I really do not want to post it on every product page but may have to.

After I get going I will list more flavors I have over 200 of them.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing 200 flavors of marshmallows! Did you not sleep at night thinking up flavors. I do that when thinking up a quilt design!

You might just want to say on the listing itself, "Fresh from our registered/certified kitchen to you".

If there is one thing online sellers know is that many buyers don't read or read only the most minimal amount which is why people can buy my sewing patterns and think they are buying an actual garment, supposedly. Who buys a garment without indicating size, colors, fabric, etc.? When there are optional fabrics to make up the pattern with, the size range that the pattern covers and they completely ignore the fact that the listing calls it a sewing pattern!! Shocked so the less you make them go looking for the better.
Marscreations

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Attributes Reply with quote

I have been trying to list attributes but getting they are not acceptable by Ecrat can someone help me
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Marscreations - It would be better if you started your own thread about your store since you don't seem to be selling homemade candy but homemade candy.

You have several items in your store that need some work that if you are open to suggestions, you should say so when you start your new topic in your new thread.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Attributes Reply with quote

Marscreations wrote:
I have been trying to list attributes but getting they are not acceptable by Ecrat can someone help me
I see you havn't started your own topic yet. The attributes for handmade clothing are quite different from the attributes required for handmade candy. I just provided info to a new seller in the Introduce Yourself topic that may help with your questions. See this thread https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?p=323423#323423. If you still have questions, please start your own topic.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I see you havn't started your own topic yet.

They haven't updated their store since July 9th either.[/quote]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: