eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Order Cancelled and Refund Sent, but still showing up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akibananya

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Order Cancelled and Refund Sent, but still showing up Reply with quote

I had to cancel an order almost a month ago. I refunded the buyer from paypal and sent them a message. However the order is still showing up in my ecrater orders section asking me to add a tracking number. How do I cancel it?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps someone who has been on this site for many years & has lots of experience can help you out, but I know of no way to do this.

Last edited by MrsDsHandKnits on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Order Cancelled and Refund Sent, but still showing up Reply with quote

akibananya wrote:
I had to cancel an order almost a month ago. I refunded the buyer from paypal and sent them a message. However the order is still showing up in my ecrater orders section asking me to add a tracking number. How do I cancel it?

Sellers cannot cancel orders in the admin.

If the sale would have been eligible for marketplace fee, the fee will not be charged on an order that was refunded.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsDsHandKnits wrote:
There are many similar issues on this site such as "sold" items don't go into a "sold section", but remain as active listings unless the seller puts them "On Hold" and/or "On Hold" with title changed to "SOLD" or manually deletes the listing which in turn then deletes the listing and its order details from the orders page

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you wrote....

But deleting a (sold/On Hold) listing in the Products tab does not delete the order details under the Orders tab.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Order Cancelled and Refund Sent, but still showing up Reply with quote

akibananya wrote:

Every order you get whether canceled by you or buyer, shipped, refunded, etc. will stay on your sold list from the beginning of your time here until you close your store, I suppose (never closed my store, so don't know what happens with that Very Happy ). Technically you can delete them somehow, I don't know how as I want mine so I can refer back to them if needed. {at least enough sellers have asked if they could - but I don't see how. I figured that they did.}

One of the reasons you want your 'sales' to stay on the list is for when someone out of the blue asks you where their stuff is. Once you figure out their name and the item they are referring to, then you can check to see if they really ordered it from you. If they did, you can see when you shipped, what the tracking number was (You are using tracking on everything aren't you?) and look it up to see if it was delivered or lost in space. You can also see if you refunded them like this person and can remind them of the fact and that PP gave them their money back.

One big reason that I keep all my 'sales' is that I have such a huge inventory when people see that I have something for sale that they know they bought, they write to me asking where it is. Well, if they had bought from me, they would have made their garment already. I can look and see that I never ever got an order from them, it helps that I do all my ecrater postage through Endicia so I can check by name for all past sales since about 2004. If didn't sell them whatever they are looking for, I refer them on to eCRATER to figure out what went wrong with their order. Them asking me where their order is is like writing into B&N and asking where their Amazon order is. If I had one to sell, I certainly must have had more of them. Not necessarily so.

Anyhow, no reason to do anything about a refunded order. Just leave it sit. You may be happy someday that you did. I have sold over 5000 items here and I have no problem with my list of orders having gotten so long. At times I go back and check certain stats, etc. with them.

Obviously, you can't put a tracking number on the order and you only see that when you have the order open. You should see a check mark under RF as refunded, PD stands for paid and SH is for shipped. If for this sale you don't have an RF checked then you need to be sure that it was refunded properly and if an MP order, be sure that ecrater is aware that you refunded it so you aren't charged the MP fee.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but hopefully answered your questions and any others that other sellers may have as well. Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

self-deleted - irrelevant to OP's question

Last edited by MrsDsHandKnits on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 am; edited 2 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are many similar issues on this site such as "sold" items don't go into a "sold section", but remain as active listings unless the seller puts them "On Hold" and/or "On Hold" with title changed to "SOLD

If a seller has properly inputted the correct quantity of items that they have, when you sold your last one here, the listing is put on HOLD (not sold). If you sold the last one elsewhere then you have to manually hide the listing and it too will show up on HOLD. At no time should SOLD be put in the title line especially if the quantity is showing as 1 or more and the listing isn't hidden. That is against eCRATER rules.

Any time you manually end a listing, you have to leave 1 in the quantity box and check on 'hide' and then the listing will show as hidden. If a potential customer emails me about finding an item on hold even up to a year later, I tell them they have found an old link as the item no longer shows in my store. I do use it as a perfect opportunity to recommend something else that I have for sale. I rarely completely delete any listing as I want to retain all the prior links it may have had and because of my type of inventory, I can find more items of the same kind to relist again without the listing work. Or items that I sell many multiples of, but have to keep sourcing them. No point to deleting the listing if I am going to turn it back on again in a few days.

If you sell something here that is also listed on eBay, then you have to do whatever on eBay to show that item is no longer available. No different here only they use the word HOLD instead of SOLD and I don't know why.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsDsHandKnits, you are talking about 2 different things although they are related. The OP was asking about deleting an order from their order page. As far as I know, it isn't possible to delete any orders from the orders page.

It is possible to delete an item from the eCrater database. Once the item is deleted from the database, it is deleted! If there was an order related to that item, the information related to that order will still be available from the orders page, but the link to the item page will state "No such Product" because you deleted the item from the database.

MrsDsHandKnits wrote:
....There are many similar issues on this site such as "sold" items don't go into a "sold section", There is no "sold section" on eCrater.
but remain as active listings unless the seller puts them "On Hold" and/or "On Hold" with title changed to "SOLD" Any item paid electronically during the checkout flow is automatically changed to "On Hold" as soon as eCRATER received the paid notice from PayPal or Stripe. The only time a seller needs to change the status of a paid item is if the buyer paid with a paper payment or paid from an invoice the seller sent.

or manually deletes the listing which in turn then deletes the listing and its order details from the orders page and the only way to find that order info is to go to your account and check the order in "Billing" but the actual listing is totally gone!...Frustrating!!!
If a seller deletes an item from the eCrater database, it is deleted. If you want to be able to refer to the item, don't delete the item.
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

self-deleted irrelevant to OP question

Last edited by MrsDsHandKnits on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important thing about canceled or refunded orders is that they show on your order page as refunded if you refunded via PP or Stripe. A canceled order that was never paid won't show up there anyway. If paid and canceled it needs to have a check in the refund column.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a situation like this as well...
contacted the ecrater team and they verified it is documented as refunded.
To this day it does not have the refunded checkmark.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I need to delete the listings from the product page after the buyer has received them and all is good. Unfortunately, eCRATER is not set up in such a way as to store the ORDERS for any length of time, when the listing is deleted...so I shall just continue the way I am now, which is to delete the listings 6-8 weeks after the buyer has received and all is good. I don't need the listings anymore and have no need to keep them after the buyer has received and is satisfied with their purchase..
BTW, NONE of my orders were automatically put "ON HOLD" after Payment was received ...I had to manually put them "ON HOLD" and all were paid via PayPal.
I do not believe all sellers are given all the tools, resources and benefits when first starting out on eCRATER...

You don't NEED to delete the listing for any reason, you WANT to. Big difference. You are making work for yourself. No, you don't need the listing after the item has sold, but you also don't have to delete them. There is no time or amount of past orders that eCRATER will tell you to delete them. I have over 5000 past orders that I can still find. It is no problem. I like being able to check back as far as I did to at times when I am researching something about my sales. If someone writes to you about the listing, you can simply tell them it is an old link and then point them to something in your store that is the same types of thing/things. The limit for listings is over 10K so most are safe there.

Quote:
I do not believe all sellers are given all the tools, resources and benefits when first starting out on eCRATER
- NONSENSE! As far as I know, the only difference in utilizing anything here on eCRATER for a newbie, is being able to set your MP rate/percentage until you have a certain amount of orders.

If you are manually having to put items on hold, then you have your quantity wrong or when you hide the listings you are putting it down to zero or something. The ONLY time I have to hide a listing manually is if it sells elsewhere. As long as you have a quantity of one prior to an eCRATER sale when you sell something here and it is paid via PP or Stripe, your listing will automatically be put on hold. If this isn't happening then you need to check with the eCRATER team about why it is happening. It could be a glitch of using the wrong email address connecting your account to PP and Stripe. I know you shut down your store once and came back three weeks later with a different store name. Did you change your email address for your account and not tell PP/S? This could be part of the problem.

When your last/only item sells, the listing goes automatically into hiding if sold here. This is how it works for everyone. I don't know why you constantly are bashing eCRATER. Trying to make it sound that only a privileged few get certain treatment, etc. This is a place where we are treated the same. It is a wonderful site to sell on with a wonderful team to help us out and friendly folks on the forum. I have found it to be the easiest place ever to sell on in 17+ years.

I try to not respond to your posts in general because of your attitude, but I felt that what you were saying here needed to be clarified for our newer sellers who may think that what you are saying is how things work here when it isn't.
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: ???? Reply with quote

"I know you shut down your store once and came back three weeks later with a different store name."
Not true............I closed the previous store after 8 Months of trying to sell items of a different category... opened current store with different product line, 4 MONTHS after having closed the other store.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: