eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello from Sunny's Creations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SunnysCreations

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Hello from Sunny's Creations Reply with quote

Hello!

Newbie here.
Coming over from Etsy.

About to start my store.....just working out the details & getting new pictures of my items.

Looking for any advice if anyone is willing to share. I sell handmade crocheted & knitted items. Any advice would be great.

My store should be opening in the next few days. Again....just working on getting my ducks in the same pond.

Thank you!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Since you have come from Etsy where we pay commission on shipping also it doesn't make a difference to sellers if they include shipping in the purchase price. However here we only pay commission on the item price so you are penalizing yourself by including tax and shipping in the item price. If you can ship everything first class mail, tracking included, the time and paperwork savings might make it worth the few cents in savings.
SunnysCreations

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Welcome. Since you have come from Etsy where we pay commission on shipping also it doesn't make a difference to sellers if they include shipping in the purchase price. However here we only pay commission on the item price so you are penalizing yourself by including tax and shipping in the item price. If you can ship everything first class mail, tracking included, the time and paperwork savings might make it worth the few cents in savings.

Thank you!!! I did not know this. That helps. I will change my notes on that.

And please feel free to offer any further advice. I am looking to make this work.

My items will be listed sometime soon....this week. Still working on getting good photos taken.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!

I noticed this in your terms
Quote:
International shipping costs are just too costly.
Don't forget that it is the buyer that pays the shipping and if they want to why not? I used to routinely sell via my AUS and UK stores (be sure that yours aren't open!). When the rates got so high, I couldn't handle them via the matrix, but I will sell to most countries if a customer asks and I can send them a PP invoice with the proper shipping amount. Usually works out pretty well, although the last one that wanted something and she never paid the invoice nor have I heard from her again! I do try to remind them that it is the first ounce of postage that is the worst and highest, so buying a few more things won't usually hurt.

Used to be that 20% of my sales came via international sales. In 2011, my eCRATER UK sales were more than my total sales in the years 2016, 2017, 2018 each (not combined)! Amazing what outside influences affect our sales such as the PO and Google!

Nevertheless, we persevere. Very Happy
SunnysCreations

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I will see about adding the UK & AUS for shipping.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome SunnysCreations. You have some pretty awesome things.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am a knitter and crocheter and I appreciate all the work someone puts into a project. Your items are beautiful. Are you on pinterest? I have a group board for Ecrater sellers that make handcrafted items. I can send you a group invite if you send me your Pinterest name or email. Then you can promote your items by adding your Ecrater links to this page.
Lori
SunnysCreations

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be here!! Feeling good about this move.

Lastade-designs....I am not on Pinterest at the moment. Guess I should look into that. Thank you!!! I'll send you a PM as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: