eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Glitch?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Glitch? Reply with quote

Anyone having problems with multiple items on orders today?
An order I received returned $1 shipping .. should have been more than $10 for 3 items.
thx
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order I got today had the correct shipping. You have been here long enough to know it isn't a problem because you are new. You could ask the team to see what they can see since we can't.
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was helpful
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have never had a multiple item order on eCRATER so really can't offer any help but would like to think my own shipping is set up to accommodate such a situation should that event occur.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToyTraders, did you contact eCRATER about the order? Any additional information? Did the customer pay via PayPal? If you haven't contacted eCRATER yet, they really need to know about the problem. Be sure to give the order number and details of what happened as you saw it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto, especially since PP has been having an ongoing glitch per the teams posts.
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the interest . . .
yes, it happened on another order today but fortunately the shipping fee is doable.

I did contact the higher power. I just need to know if it's something I'm doing wrong (i don't think so) I'd like to fix it.

I recently started using the shipping matrix .. yes, it's a bit late in coming but the flat rate worked for me in the past.
ToyTraders

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila..
errors on either paypal / stripe orders.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I recently started using the shipping matrix

I have used the Matrix since coming here. It was about as clear as mud until about two days later while in bed and not even working on it, it popped into my head as clear as glass. I hadn't listed anything yet so no big deal. Got up the next day, filled it out and haven't had a problem since in ~11 years. For a seller that has basically the same type of things with little variation in weight, the matrix is great. Eventually, I figured out how to deal with heavier things as well. I don't think I have had a problem with my shipping problem other than with the keyboard operator Embarassed Embarassed !
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ToyTraders from what you've said it really sounds like a problem with how you've set your shipping matrix. There can be major problems when you switch from flat rate to the shipping matrix. The MOST important difference is how weight is handled. When you use flat rate, the weight is "required" but not really used. When you use the shipping matrix, it's really important. The checkout system is going to look at the item weight to determine which column to use for the shipping. If the customer buys multiple items, the checkout system is going to total the weight of all items and look at that column that matches the total weight. If you've put actual packed weights on each item and the customer buys 3 items that weigh as 8 oz., 4 oz., and 11 oz. you should have listed the weights as 0.50, 0.25, and 0.6875. When the customer goes to checkout, the system is going to total the 3 weights and see a single weight of 1.4375. The system is then going to return the shipping as given in column 2.

If almost everything in your store has close to the same weight, you can get by with simply adding a 1 to the weight field then assign shipping amounts to each column that would work for 1 item, 2 items, 3 or 4 items, 5 or 6 items, etc. It's much less exact, but much easier to use. In SheilaDeesSewVintage.ecrater.com I use this system because almost everything I sell there is either a sewing pattern or directions booklet. If something is way heavier, I have the option of either adding a higher number for weight OR using a flat rate for that one item. The checkout system is going to look for a fixed rate first, then the shipping matrix.

For more information on using the shipping matrix AND the flat rate within the same store, see FAQs and Solutions > Solutions to Common Questions - SHIPPING MATRIX & MORE topic here in the community https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2461 and scroll about half way down on page 1 to an example written by ACread that is still correct and well written. Great information to see how the system works when using flat rate & shipping matrix for a multiple item order.

For others who may be reading this, be aware that if you are using USPS Calculated Shipping and want to use the shipping matrix as your back-up, you must use the correct packed weight for the Calculated Shipping. You have to set your matrix to work for those weights. Some sellers use a combination of flat rate & shipping matrix as a backup, so they can add flat rates for all items that would ship First Class or with an odd pound weight (like 3, 5, 7 lbs, etc.) The checkout system will ALWAYS return the amount from Calculated Shipping. If the Calculated Shipping isn't working, the checkout system will look for Free shipping, Flat Rate Shipping, then Shipping matrix IN THIS ORDER.

ToyTrader, hope this helps with your problem. I also hope this information will be helpful for other sellers to give additional ways of using the system.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: