eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Fairly New Here - Hi All!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NaturalDesignbyJocelyn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Fairly New Here - Hi All! Reply with quote

So, I opened an eCrater store, after having been many years on Etsy, and had also been on eBay from 1999-2008 (with original artwork, portraits, clay jewelry, and originally vintage finds).

I have also designed for print on demand products since the mid 2000s and sold my photography prints for many ears now. My eCrater store I intend to have as another online shop for more exposure for my home decor and clothing products featuring my original photography based artwork and designs.

It'll take forever to build up my inventory, and to spend some time marketing my store, but I am optimistic that eventually I may see some sales. We'll see.

Did a lot of looking around and reading of the Forums before diving in.

Glad to be here!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

Took a brief look at your store. Love your crow hoodie. I do have some suggestions about your description.
You give a lot of details in your description however without knowing you, it leaves me in the dark as to the size and measurements. Your description would only mean something to a person who studies fabric and design. You left me unsure what the fabric was like. Was it a fleece, a knit like a sweatshirt or lighter weight like a heavy tee shirt?

Your description of how a large fits you doesn't help me at all. I find many size large fit me and just as many span me like a spanx undergarment. I need measurements to shop on line. I'm probably not alone in that. Postage is costly and return postage from the US to Canada is not $3.

I'm also in Canada so glad to have another Canadian seller here.
NaturalDesignbyJocelyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi: thank you!
Measurements are all images in my listings. I will go in and state that though, in my description if I have not already. I always use images for important info as most buyers will often view all images.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree about putting the sizes in the descriptions as I just looked at your chart on my fairly large monitor and the writing was too small even when zoomed up to read the numbers clearly.

In many ways, this is a good thing in that you will need to have a page for each size and that gives your store more 'weight' within the search engines. I would also suggest details like fabric and sizes, etc. be listed much closer to the beginning of your description. That large first paragraph has some interesting information, but not really specific to the T-shirt themselves. The search engines and customers want to see the important stuff first.
NaturalDesignbyJocelyn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi: K, thanks I will do! Thanks for the help all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: