eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just Introducing Myself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MooreGiftsandJewelry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Just Introducing Myself Reply with quote

Hi, I just joined and am busy stocking my inventory. Feel free to explore, though not everything is up yetI thought I would check things out here. Is there a link to the main site? I had to reply to the welcome mail in order to find this place.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome again. Don't forget to fill out your about us and your Terms of service pages. Who made these or are they mass-produced?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to the main site is https://ecrater.com and there is a link on the home page to the community forum. I have bookmarked both sites for quick access.

You might want to adjust the first photo on each item. The ecrater system creates a square to present in all home page and search results. When you have a rectangle shaped photo, the square is taken out of the center which makes your earrings display really bad. If you don't have a photo editing program, I'd recommend PhotoScape or IrfanView. I use them both. You simply need to add a white border to the top and bottom of your photo to create a square photo. Save this as your default while keeping your other photos.

As Moonwishes mentioned, filling out your text pages will help customers know more about you, make your store look more professional, and provide information (hopefully rich with good keywords) for the search engines bots to review and index.
SunnysCreations

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!! Great place to be! I too am new. Still learning my way around.

Best of luck!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SunnysCreations wrote:
Welcome!! Great place to be! I too am new. Still learning my way around.

Best of luck!!

hey Sunny, just poked my nose into your store again and noticed something that you may not have thought about, RE:
Quote:
Crocheted Candy Button Scarf; handmade; scarf; unique gift

One of the mantras about selling online is that buyers don't read. Well maybe they do, but if they see those candy buttons with the scarf, I would bet half of them would think they get those along with the scarf! Either take them out of the photo or very clearly state in the description that they ARE or ARE NOT included. One other point to about your photos is get the background mess out of them such as keyboards, stacks of mail, and anything else that can be distracting which is about everything other than a plain white background. Think about how you see things displayed in ads. It is only the product or the product set up in a natural way. This is part of being and looking professional. I know some would fight me on this, usually the same ones that want to use all caps, or all small letters and if at all possible little hearts above the 'i' like girls in jr. high!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems Moores Gifts is no more.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what happened as they were still open as of the 16th? Hope they didn't take offense at something, but at the same time, much better to fix things in the beginning than try to when you have perhaps hundreds of listings up all with photos taken of the item draped on a keyboard or on the desk with stacks of mail coming and going. Perhaps at times, I am too blunt, but there is no other way to say something is wrong. However, I think we all try to be careful about not giving offense here even though at times it is taken that way which is too bad as we are only trying to help and good habits at eCRATER are the same good habits for any online venue they might want to try.
Nagrasanti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Seems Moores Gifts is no more.

Yes, changed the shop name to "Nagrasanti" (a word I invented) and started over. I took the photos and turned them into squares. They were configured to Etsy proportions but I never liked it. Now they are a standard thumbnail size.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Glad you are still here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: