eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can't get products to share to my Facebook shop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandmadeJewelryByJim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Can't get products to share to my Facebook shop Reply with quote

I followed the instructions I found in this forum.... I created a Facebook shop, even named it the same as my shop here. Then I connected my eCrater account with that shop page. But, when I go to post a product to Facebook, my FB shop doesn't show up...only News Feed and My Story.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Edit: I just confirmed again that the business integration settings are good, and that posting my products to my FB shop is still not working. I haven't attempted to create a FB page in years...and that was from a site that did 99% of it for you (I think it was Shopify).

Anyone?

Thanks,
--jim
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
What I do is copy the link of the item I wish to feature on my FB page. Then I paste the link to my Facebook post. I do not use those buttons. Then all people have to do is click on the link that you post in FB and it takes them to your listing.
That works best for me.
Lori
HandmadeJewelryByJim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up trying to do it manually. But creating a shop page on Facebook has changed ... A LOT. It used to be so simple...add the items through whatever app is on the site you're using, select an option that makes each product a link to that item on your shop, and you're done.

Last night, Facebook wouldn't let me do anything until I configured everything from my name, physical address, bank account (for payments), etc., as if I could only sell directly from Facebook. So I added a shop now button and just set it to go directly to my shop here. Then I manuallly created a catalog instead for Instagram and their new shoppable images or whatever, so I can setup an actual shop (once approved) there.

Sharing to Pinterest worked only marginally better in some cases. I'd get one button that worked great most of the time, but others, a different one that made me log in, then failed to add a pin for the product.

But, pain in the backside as it was, I got it done. Until today, when I finally get to add the first of my bolos that will be here, but not on Etsy. I just need to get it photographed, convert the raw sensor data to an image in Darktable (imho, much better than Raw Therapee ... so much easier to work with), and then put them online (product page has been done for weeks). I also created subcategories under Bolos called "Gemstone Bolos" for the ones from Etsy and, once I have an image for it and am putting the new one online, a second subsection for "Patriotic and US Military Bolos". Eventually there will be other subsections, too.

My less-than-shoestring budget says I have to make this shop work, so I'm going to be adding lots of types ... as $$$ allows (usually about zero to one/month).

Thanks for the assist,
--jim
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: