SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chriscomics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: HELP Reply with quote

I am having issues with GTIN values as my google feed say there are invalid
as i am selling US comics i have copied the bar code number and took this as the UPC number and added it to the attributes.

When i try to save it i get a error message of missing attubutes for this item you must enter a GTIN/EAN/UPC/jan number, but the UPC number is clearly there but when i add identifer_missing and the value of false it save fine even know the UPC number is still there.

[/b]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error message was received from Google Shopping by eCRATER. It will remain until the error has been corrected AND a new feed or feeds are submitted AND Google Shopping accepts the correction. Then, and only then, will the ecrater message be removed. It can take several weeks. You just need to add the attribute title upc and the attribute value of the 12 digit number (the number to the left of the barcode, the 10 digit number under the barcode and the number to the right of the barcode), then ignore the error message until it's accepted by Google Shopping. If you have the upc number, DO NOT add the identifier_exists attribute.
chriscomics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is if i dont add the identifier_exists i constantly get a error about a missing GTIN/EAN/UPC/jan even know i have entered the UPC number.

I usually sell this on ebay and looking to move as the costs are getting to high but quite honestly losing faith in ecrater as the time its taken me to try and sort out these issues i have had four sell on ebay.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chriscomics wrote:
problem is if i dont add the identifier_exists i constantly get a error about a missing GTIN/EAN/UPC/jan even know i have entered the UPC number.
See my answer above. The error message regarding the upc will remain until Google accepts the correction. When you add the identifier_exists attribute, the message may go away because you are saying there is no upc. HOWEVER, it will be rejected by Google Shopping and will take even longer to get the problem corrected. Also, the upc number should be entered with no space. There is the possibility that GS may disapprove your item if you submit both attributes and that can take even longer to correct in GS.
chriscomics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i will also get the message when i put new items in that haven't gone to google yet.

Well i did raise this with the customer help desk and the answer i got back from them was as much use as a chocolate teapot
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did they tell you? Normally, the eCRATER customer service team are very helpful. Perhaps I can explain a little clearer the problem with the attributes.
chriscomics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sent a screen grab in showing the error message and asked what that meant and why was it coming up when the upc number was clearly visible and was told was written on the google feed page that my items had errors
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about posting the screengrab here for use to see so we might be able to help. Sometimes the problem is the silliest thing, like a space, a capital letter where there shouldn't be one, forgetting the exclamation point if you are writing out the attributes in HTML. That sort of thing.
chriscomics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feed went through and the new ones were processed and sent to Google one failed so I deleted that one and will try from the beginning this happens last night. This morning none of my items are showing in Google Crying or Very sad

Also worried that my direct editions don't have barcodes at all so there will just fail when there listed to google
chriscomics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked my feed and 8 out of the 9 went through
Great but not showing in Google checked the front page
And it's saying about missing attributes so there are disabled
Went to listings and got the missing UPC number error again
When the UPC number is clearly entered.
Going to put up screen shots then if that doesn't fix it
Put this whole ecrater down to a bad experience and
Just put up with the fees and go back to eBay and this
Site is just doing my head in.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Put this whole ecrater down to a bad experience and
Just put up with the fees and go back to eBay and this
Site is just doing my head in.

It would help to see the screenshot for sure.

May I suggest patience. eCRATER has been a wonderful experience for many of us. I have had over 5000 orders and others have had sales as well. You seem to be hitting a bump on the road. Also, an upload to Google is not instantaneous. I looked at several items that I have listed in the last several days, and I am not seeing them up on Google either. Doesn't mean that I am going to chuck the whole thing, I just make sure I am doing things correctly and proceed with the listing I am doing.

To help you, I would like to see the screenshot of your 'G' page as well as the screenshot of a listing with the HTML showing as well. Any message that you have gotten for an item as well from eCRATER and Google as well. We would like to help, but we need something to go on to offer that help.

Also, I am wondering if the problem is coming from your store being in UK pounds instead of USD. In my reading of SEO, it has always said that it can take some time for a search engine to give a favorable listing to a page and your listings have only been up a few days.

I am going to be off at the docs most of the day, but I will get back to you later.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, the Google Shopping feed takes time. Just because eCRATER sent the feed does not mean GS immediately processed the information and added it to GS. I've seen that take several days for a new item to get indexed, plus you are a new to GS store which MAY take extra time. I've also found that if you are selling an item that there are only 2 or 3 in GS, they appear quicker than when you are selling an item that has lots of competition.

I selected one of your items, Doctor Who 11th year 2 issue 4, and checked Google.com Shopping and Google.co.uk Shopping. I used your exact title through the number 4 and used quote marks (I didn't quote you title here so everybody wouldn't check the same item and have your item count soar because we all checked the same item). I realize customers are not going to search this way, but I wanted to check if your item was in GS. On the UK Shopping site your item was shown with quote marks, so GS has listed the item. Without the quote marks, I couldn't find it. My guess would be they have received it, but haven't fully indexed it yet. I don't know that for a fact, just an educated guess.

I did the same check on Google.com Shopping and got 9 pages without quotes. Adding Comics without quotes lowered the page count to 4 (20 per page). You item was shown in the 6th position of the second page.

I did a check for your ecrater store on both Google.com, Google.co.uk, and Bing.com and found your stores do not appear to have been index by the major search engines yet. I've read that it can take weeks for them to index an new site. At one time, the average time was 6 weeks.

The information you received from ecrater customer service is very similar to the info I posted here in my first answer to you. The GS error messages that ecrater post on the item page are the error messages they receive from GS. The error messages remain until they get a different response from GS.
chriscomics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used the same title and couldn't find any of my stuff listed both on the UK and US site.
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris:
Although your items will take some time to show up in a Google search, your items are searchable within the eCrater site: I just put in the title "DOCTOR WHO: THE ELEVENTH" into eCrater search and that item shows up.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chriscomics wrote:
I just used the same title and couldn't find any of my stuff listed both on the UK and US site.
Were you checking on Google.com or did you click on the link for shopping? Some people don't even know there is a shopping link. The feed eCrater does (and why we add the attributes) is for placement in Google Shopping. There is no feed available for the organic search, ie Google.com or Google.co.uk You will appear on those sites after Google sends a bot to search your ecrater stores AND they get around to indexing your pages. I have heard it takes weeks for a new store to get indexed in the organic search.

As I mentioned above, when I did a search of the organic search engines, it didn't appear that they have indexed your stores yet. You can check for yourself by typing
Site: https://chriscomics.ecrater.com in the search box on Google.com. You can use the same type formula to check your ecrater UK store on Google.co.uk. The same type search also works on Bing.com. At least the one item I checked from your store is in Google Shopping on the US site.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: