eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question about phone listing - UPDATE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Question about phone listing - UPDATE Reply with quote

If you use your phone to take pictures and upload them to the listing how do they turn out?

I hope you all can understand what I am asking. I am experiencing trouble with taking pictures using my Iphone while on my Store Dashboard in my Google Chrome App.
My normal listing procedure is to get the listing ready with all the details filled in on my laptop. Then on my Iphone I pull up my store dashboard on my Google Chrome App and add the pictures. If I take the pictures beforehand and store them in my Iphone library I can add those with no problems. There is also the option of Take a Photo or Video while in your listing rather than going to the photo library stored on the phone. If I decide to take a photo and add it, the picture turns sideways. Today I also did an entire listing on my phone to see if that made a difference and the photo is still sideways. I have contacted Ecrater to see if they could help and they are working on it. I wonder if anyone else has taken a picture while listing and if you added it did it appear sideways in your listing?
Here is the URL of the listing I did on my phone and you can see how the picture is sideways.
https://lastade.ecrater.com/p/34208403/fibre-craft-santa-doll-outfit

I also tried the Safari App to access my store dashboard. I wanted to see if it was the Chrome app. Changing to the Safari app did not make a difference. My photos appear sideways there also.

Another note - At this time on Ecrater when you take a picture while in the listing you can not rotate it or crop it. I list on another venue that caters to shoppers that use their phones to shop. I use my phone exclusively to list there. I am able to add all the details, take pictures, crop, rotate, make brighter, etc. It is so fast and easy. If I could straighten my photo problem here it would make the process almost a smooth as the other venue.

Last edited by lastade-designs on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures listed side wise is a long term known problem for those using their cell phones for photos on Amazon. Didn't know where else it might happen since we don't use a cell phone for pictures. Most of our patterns we scan which gives buyers all the close up details as opposed to those taken on the rug with a camera and good old Rex's nose in the background. However, I do not know the solution, I only know it happens.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to scan too but for me using the phone saves time and my time to list is so limited these days. My back and forth method from laptop to phone works pretty well for me. I take closeups and crop out the background on my phone. I wanted to see if others had the sideways problem with the photos because the Ecrater team is trying to help me figure it out. If I am the only one them it is probably a communication glitch between my phone and the Dashboard. If more people are having the problem then it may not be me. I did not know that about Amazon.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scanning for the most part is hubbies job now although when he doesn't quite understand STAT, ASAP, PDQ etc. I tend to do them myself. I gave him one pattern to do and told him I needed it right away. A week later he hadn't done anything with it but it was in line to be the next one scanned! He is getting better though and we tend to have different work ethics, but we have to do this together if we want to eat, as other than some tuning, he is no longer doing the big money restorations jobs. The last one drove me crazy and him as well. and maybe they would work here. Yep, I have no idea howto fix the side wise thing. Maybe you could do a search on the Amazon forum to see the solutions they came up with.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sideways picture taking has been fixed. Ecrater made some kind of technological adjustments and the pictures are now appearing as they should. I sure appreciate the team at Ecrater! Especially Dimitar!
Thanks again Ecrater!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm glad it worked out! Some things can be so frustrating.

I just a return request on Amazon, which Amazon had approved before I knew about. The buyer bought a pants pattern and then claimed there was an inaccurate website description as she wanted the tops shown with the pants, even though the product and the title neither mention the tops at all. My old Amazon listing did have the mention that the tops weren't included, but of course, Amazon decided that new items didn't need anything else, much less a clarification. Told them that since it wasn't a SND then it would be treated as a buyer changed their mind and that the shipping both ways would not be refunded. You could almost hear the whine in her voice "I wanted tops!" I was kind and gave her the pattern numbers for the tops that she didn't get.

Now time for my break.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures taken on iPhone or camera are downloaded then edited with GIMP on the Ubuntu system, then uploaded to eCRATER from my laptop. I'm sure it's possible to go direct to the store dashboard, but I would rather clean them up first.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Pictures taken on iPhone or camera are downloaded then edited with GIMP on the Ubuntu system, then uploaded to eCRATER from my laptop. I'm sure it's possible to go direct to the store dashboard, but I would rather clean them up first.

Hopefully we will one day have the availability to ¨clean them up.¨ For now I am very happy this was fixed because If I can get a good picture without having to take that extra step it saves a me a lot of time. Something I wish I had more of, lol!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Something I wish I had more of, lol!

Don't we all. Last night I put on a TV show on my laptop and folded laundry and it dawned on me that while all my life I did things while watching TV, now that most of the things I watched are on the laptop, and I would hold the laptop to watch (putting it off to the side kills my neck due to having to hold it at an angle), or I went to forums and needed to type, etc. The laundry had been sitting around for too long, got done and I also did a while watching TV project. Suddenly I knew where all my time had gone to. I had still been 'working' most evenings! I have to work a bit more efficiently and catch up on my favorite shows minus the commercials which is a 15 minute time savers just without those alone.

Always have to keep looking for the most efficient way to do things, partly as my physical oomph has about left the building and I still want to do what I can to take care of my house and participate in the things I enjoy!

Sorry not trying to still your post, but it sounds silly, but it was such a huge revelation to me. I hadn't been able to figure out where all my time was going to! Now I will have a bit more.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even figure out how to take photos with my phone, least of all transfer them to the internet.

Moonwishes: off topic but are you near the terrible fire in the day care center?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, yes, it was about 15 miles or so away. Interestingly enough the other day this week was Erie Gives where people donat and then the money is distributed to different selected charities. Several of the charities have donated their share to the families so at least they can give these little ones a decent burial without worrying about how to pay for it. I popped over to McD for breakfast yesterday and there was an article about it. 4 of the children were siblings and a 2-year-old was the son of another woman. Two teens managed to escape via windows.

I was a certified daycare mother for Erie county for a couple of years before I went to nursing school. So I know the regulations etc. and they didn't seem to have a cause of the fire yet, but I don't know if the daycare had been certified as to fire extinguishers, evacuation routes, etc.

A couple of winters ago, I think it was a very bitter cold one, it was like every night on the news you would be hearing of yet another house fire, night after night. The firemen were exhausted and the Red Cross ran out of resources. Many of the fires caused by extension cords that were ganged together or couldn't handle the current.

I stopped watching the news several years ago as well as any TV so I didn't even know about this fire until a friend from Iowa told me!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: