eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MustangSportsCards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: Shipping Options Reply with quote

Is Local Pickup still a shipping option? If So, How do I enable?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has never been a choice of shipping options on eCRATER, it's always been the seller's option.

You could add a question on your FAQs regarding local pickup. You could ask the buyer to send you an email and then deal with the customer through email with a cash payment when you meet.
MustangSportsCards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there is no way to offer local pick up to the customers?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MustangSportsCards wrote:
So there is no way to offer local pick up to the customers?
There is no way for the customer to use the eCrater checkout system for local pickup, but there is no rule against a seller doing local pickup. The only "rule" is your store must be set for correct shipping cost to all 50 states. If you expect a large volume of local pickups, you might add a line to your description that "if you are in the xxxxx area, local pickup is available. Use the Contact Seller link above for more details."
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello MustangSportsCards. It is nice to see more collectors in the chat.

About Local Pick Up. Agree with SheilaDeesPostcards, add the info too in the of the description.

I recommend read the topic below. Follow the recommendations. Avoid the mistakes from the author.
Very slow in sales
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=37560&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/b]
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read the url that Elperles posted, but one of the problems with local pick up is if they pay via PP, there is nothing to stop them from saying they never got their item and PP refunds their money as there is no record of you having shipped.

Do you want buyers coming to your home? If you go to a neutral spot that takes time.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the customer wants to do local pickup and they have contacted you via email, it's easy to require cash only for local pickup. Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true Sheila! I'm so glad that you are so smart. My brain keeps getting fuzzier due to the meds I take. GRRR
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Authors/Fellow sellers do not let die your topics.

It is so sad and disappointing. Check a topic like this one and the authors never get back to answer. Then time later appears with the same topic. Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
That is true Sheila! I'm so glad that you are so smart. My brain keeps getting fuzzier due to the meds I take. GRRR

Now that I know why my brain was especially fuzzy that day as I was coming down very sick. I don't think I would have thought of cash anyhow. I don't know where they would be selling from, but in my state, you have to sign off the title to the new owner which involves a notary public. We have one in town that pretty much does cars exclusively. You can't hand over cash to someone and drive away in their new car because until the paperwork is done it still officially belongs to the old owner and you don't want that since if the dude buying it goes and slams into a car full with a soccer mom and 4-5 kids, you would still be responsible especially if you don't know for sure that they have insurance when you let them drive off. Sad
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes, I don't think you checked the OP's store. His store is called Mustang Sports Cards and he sells sports cards, not cars.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. With the name of his store and wanting local pick up all I could see is he was selling Mustangs never saw the d on the end of the word card. I either need a new brain or new glasses. I wouldn't spend my time on local pick up for a 50 cent card unless they thought they could sell more that way if the buyer had a chance to see them others that he had.

I used to babysit before I went to nursing school and while most parents wanted to pick up kids and go get dinner on the table, one mother came and wanted to talk and talk and talk taking up my time while trying to get my families dinner. She had no one to go home to so why not stand around in my way for an hour or more? Those kind of people can be time wasters if the are buying the product (say babysitting or a card) and then spend time one non-paid activities. Think of what you can do in that amount of time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: