eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ecrater now wont upload photos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chriscomics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: ecrater now wont upload photos Reply with quote

Trying to put some items up today but when i try to upload photos it just wont to it. My pictures are on my pc in one directory and are scans. when i select one i get a spinning icon it then stops and clears the picture file select box.

Thinking it might be a problem with that picture i tested it with a picture i uploaded with no issues for a item i had already listed and the same issue.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that some days on eCrater uploading photos is v-e-r-y S-L-O-W but perhaps it is because the site is just so busy. It used to frustrate me, but now I generally find myself just leaving the site and returning later...
I like working on my eCrater listings during the week rather than on weekends. I find that works best for me...everything usually goes very smoothly and I accomplish things in a timely manner.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When that happens I go ahead and create the listings without pics and click the box to hide them. Then I go in later to add all photos, and un-hide the listings. At least you can still keep working even if it is irksome.
I also noticed that this creates your listing into the main queue by date, so they won't show up as fresh listings, on the main ecrater shopping page, when you make them go live.... but they will be there a page or two back.
BeasBoutique

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: New to ecrater Reply with quote

I have just set up my ecrater account and I am having a terrible time with trying to get the photos to upload. I did read several post on how to do it but it is not current and feel that ecrater might have changed since then. I also googled it and then again it does follow. It says you will be a little camera to click it on to add your other photos and I see no little camera icon. I have also gone on you tube to look for how to list and very little info on ecrater. If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so very much.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bea. When doing your initial listing, you can add one photo from your computer. I keep all my photo scans on my computer, so I am always pulling from there. If you keep your photos somewhere on the internet, someone else may be able to help with that. But to add your initial photo, just bring up your photo files, find the photo you want, and click on it so that the file address should be showing in the box. Then make sure that everything is filled in, click on the add and exit button. You should be sent back to your administrative page PRODUCTS where you can click on add an item, set your shipping, set up your payment portals, etc.

Once you have added your items for sale, it should appear at the top of the list of your products for sale. To the right of that listing you should see 6 icons - two rows of three. The top row a G (for google attributes), a camera to add more pictures, and a pencil for editing you listing. The bottom row is two people (I never use it, but I think it may be for social media), the copy paste icon, and a big X for delete the item. So click on that camera and add up to 9 more photos. Or, you can click on the pencil/edit button and it will take you back to your listing and at the top of the listing are four file tabs. Basic which you are on, photos where you can add more photos, Google for adding in Google attributes and social for social media.

In case you haven't noticed it, at the top of each listing you will see a word 'Preview'. If you click on that, it will open a new window with your store in it and you can see how things are taking shape. This is the SAME view that a buyer will see, so say, if you see words at the bottom that you had in your google attributes, then you did something wrong as the attributes will not (should not) show up on your actual listing.

One thing of note is that if you try to list something and it won't 'take', make sure once you fix the problem (for me it is usually my titles are longer than 100 characters) make sure nothing has changed. When I did international listings and a listing kicked back, the price would change back to the listing before it since I use copy/paste to make my listings. I haven't noticed that in a while since I no longer do international, but something to be alert for.

Remember that your titles can be 100 characters long. Take advantage of that as it is your most valuable piece of real estate. Don't repeat words like Dog Bed Dog toy Dog bowl. It should be Dog bed toy bowl. No need for punctuation as each comma counts as a character. I have seen some list with a title 6 letters long and the just repeat it in their description. That isn't going to make for a successful listing! Which to me seems obvious.

I hope this helps and I would suppose that others will also chime in. Sorry for such a long post.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater in other topic notify issues with their Internet.

https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=39077
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I list couple items regularly. No problems here uploading images. go to products

The process i use, ((ADD NEW PRODUCT))

Fill out all the information on new product. ((CLICK ADD)) at bottom.

It then allows me to upload images. Although, it will not allow me to upload images, if I have not completed the ADD PRODUCT fields of needed information

Then i do attributes. easy peasy japanesey.

Last edited by 2tip3py1 on Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
feel that ecrater might have changed since then.

As far as I can remember, nothing has changed in loading pictures since I came here in 2008.

Did you get things working yet? If you haven't been able to get it working, you can email the team to see if they can see what is your problem. They have a contact link at the bottom righthand side of the entry to the marketplace www.ecrater.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: