eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

FILLING THE FORM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zackstore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: FILLING THE FORM. Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am new here and brand new in e-commerce .Can someone explain how to fill the following : flat shipping zone,weight matrix ,payment option(should I check only PayPal express check out?)

I didn' t find the answer to those questions in the forum yet,so if someone could send me a link thanks in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dndproducts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Filling the form Reply with quote

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the "Flat Shipping Zones" are for shipping rates that you want to charge for wherever you choose to ship to. When you list a product, a menu is available to you at the bottom of your listing where you input your numbers. The Weight Matrix is involved with the "Shipping Zones" if you choose to charge shipping by weight. You have to fill out the form by adding monetary value to the lb increments. As for payment, If you have a paypal account, then you can choose this as a payment option. I hope this helped. If I'm wrong, maybe someone will correct me to better assist you. Good luck.
zackstore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject: Filling the form Reply with quote

Ok this is enlighting me a bit about weight matrix and payment but I still have two questions.
Google tells me that flat shipping is the case when rates are not related to weight,shapes etc.I don't see that in your answer.
Secondly,according to your answer what is the difference between shipping zone and flat shipping zone?
dndproducts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: FILLING THE FORM. Reply with quote

Glad I was able to help a little.
Okay, of course Google explained it better than I.
In "Flat Shipping Zones" you simply choose where you want to ship to. As I stated, you decide the cost of shipping to wherever you chose to ship to.

IN "Shipping Zones" again you choose where you want to ship to.
This is when you use the "Weight Matrix" If your products have different weights you adjust the cost of shipping by weight. (You should also familiarize yourself with package size fees charged by the carriers if you're shipping large boxes or packaging.)

As for your 2nd question. The only difference between these Zones is Flat Shipping Zones are for Flat Rate Shipping Cost and Shipping Zones are for cost by weight (this is when you use the "Weight Matrix".

Hope I did better.
zackstore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi it's me again.Of course you did better.I don't know if I'm wrong but I will not specify anything about the shipping payment because I do not see any reason to.

Now two questions if there is still someone out there.

I see written on my store "only one left".How do I change that?
Secondly it seems to me that I tried to no avail to broaden the shipping zone.On my page it is written US only although I went on the admin page to change the selected zones.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears you have the same product listed twice which is against eCRATER terms of service. If the two products are different, you need to include that information in both the title and description. If they are the same, you need to delete one product.

Quote:
I see written on my store "only one left".How do I change that?
That will always appear when you state on the item listing page that you have a quantity of 1. If you leave the quantity blank, it will state you have more than 10 available. If you enter any number between 1 and 10 the item page will state the number available.

Quote:
Secondly it seems to me that I tried to no avail to broaden the shipping zone.On my page it is written US only although I went on the admin page to change the selected zones.
The site will always state the shipping to the US-Mainland with a link that says more destinations. When you click on that link, you will see all the countries to which you will ship and the cost of shipping to each location.
dndproducts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go Zackstore. I knew one of the knowledgeable people would help out sooner or later. SheilaDeesPostcards knows more than I about ecrater.
dndproducts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zackstore,

I noticed when I added shipping destinations, the original listed items did not have the new destinations. However, when I listed a new product, all of the shipping destinations I wanted were available when I clicked on "Flat Rate Shipping To:"
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dndproducts wrote:
Zackstore,

I noticed when I added shipping destinations, the original listed items did not have the new destinations. However, when I listed a new product, all of the shipping destinations I wanted were available when I clicked on "Flat Rate Shipping To:"

One of the reasons to have your shipping figured out before you start with your listings if at all possible. I remember trying to figure out the Matrix for a couple of days and suddenly one night while lying in bed, the lightbulb went off and I understood the Matrix, at least how I have to use it. I'm not sure if I have any non-matrix items left as I did have some of my listings as flat rate shipping. Otherwise, I have used the Matrix exclusively here. Much easier than having to go through all your listings each year before a postal increase.

Please remember that for the Matrix, the 'weight' iis anything you want it to be. You do not have to assign a weight of 1# in the first column in the Matrix. To me, that is where I assign the 3-4 ounce weights. And with subsequent increases, until it hits 1# which would be Priority Mail (for what I sell). Unless a rare item, I don't charge my customers more than my Priority Mail rate as it is my bonus discount to my buyers as by buying that many items at once, I get out of paying extra PP fees (the initial rate that each purchase gets charged).

Not everyone uses the Matrix as I do, but I have been here around 10 years and it has never failed me in over 5000 purchases.
Very Happy
dndproducts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like I'll have to check into it. Thanks for the explanation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: