eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS HUGE FAIL!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omgcomics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: DIGITAL DOWNLOADS HUGE FAIL! Reply with quote

My customers are NOT getting the download link after they pay! EVERYTHING is done correctly on my end, and ecrater has failed to reply to 2 messages I've sent into "Help".
So far I'm not impressed with anything about this host, as not only is a selling feature they offer NOT working, but their timeliness to help a seller has been poor as well!
I'm an authorized seller from a much larger retail outlet among having a strong social media presence, and this is doing nothing to build my trust in ecrater!
The search for a more reliable host in both customer service and site reliability has now started.
Sellers be aware.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of us have been selling here for years without a problem. How long has it been since your messages to the eCRATER team? When you send in a question, you do not receive a computer generated answer like other venues do, they personally answer your questions and usually within 3 days. For you they may need to research to find out what the problem is. In the meantime, can you manually send your customers their download yourself?

Perhaps some of the other that sell that way might be able to help, but just aren't as available on the weekend.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, sorry you are having a problem with the sale of your digital comics. When you say you have sent 2 messages to "Help" I'm assuming you sent an email to the "Contact" link on the home page of ecrater.com. The customer service staff is quite small, but they will respond. They don't just send out an automated reply that doesn't apply to your question, but sometimes it takes a little longer for a real person to reply.

The community is basically sellers helping sellers with the eCRATER staff coming in to announce new features or to clarify an issue if a number of sellers are having a problem. Most of the sellers who are active on the forum don't do digital downloads. I noticed you have over 800 titles available for digital download. That must have taken quite some time to add the url for each item for download. No wonder you are upset, I would be also. Did your customers receive their email regarding the sale and it didn't contain the url for download OR did your customers not receive their email? Is it possible the email went to their junk mail folder?

The only information on the community related to the digital downloads is in the original topic started by the owner of eCRATER. Here's the original topic:
eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER sellers only > basic digital delivery support
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=37507&highlight=download
Maybe this topic will shed some light on the problem.
omgcomics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. The customers are getting the email, ( I had a customer send me a screenshot of what they received) it contains an ecrater link and a link to my store, and a link to see the item they purchased ( the original item as it appears in the ) and that's it.
No download link or anything even hinting at one. I certainly don't have time to go back and forth in emails everytime someone makes a purchase. It requires going to my storage host provider from my laptop (whenever I make it home) to find the item they purchased, copying the link and emailing it back to them.
Not to mention it's not a smooth process for the customer to have to follow up and wait for me to send a link, when ecrater is supposed to be providing this service as soon as the customer pays.
I've used many other store providers over the years so I have other customer service to compare this experience to, hence the frustration.
I have looked briefly in these forums for a similar issue but the posts I ran across just stated the same problem, with zero solution. This appears to be an internal ecrater problem that only they can fix. Whenever that might be! Thanks!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omgcomics wrote:
Hi. The customers are getting the email, ( I had a customer send me a screenshot of what they received) it contains an ecrater link and a link to my store, and a link to see the item they purchased ( the original item as it appears in the ) and that's it.
No download link or anything even hinting at one. I certainly don't have time to go back and forth in emails everytime someone makes a purchase. It requires going to my storage host provider from my laptop (whenever I make it home) to find the item they purchased, copying the link and emailing it back to them.
I would think it would be quicker to log into your eCrater store admin, click on orders, copy the title of the item sold, paste it into the products link to view the admin view of the item. The url will be on the page so you could copy/paste into an email reply to your customer. Granted even this is a pain compared to eCRATER including the link in the original email, but it sounds more simple than going to your storage host provider to look up the link.

I am assuming you've added the correct link to each of your admin pages for each digital product so eCrater has the information to send to the customer.

Quote:
I've used many other store providers over the years so I have other customer service to compare this experience to, hence the frustration.
Did these other store providers provide your store for free with no listing fees? Remember there is also no eCRATER fee for your sale if the customer came directly to your store. When so much is provided for free, it's reasonable to expect a smaller staff that isn't necessarily available 24/7/365.
Quote:
I have looked briefly in these forums for a similar issue but the posts I ran across just stated the same problem, with zero solution. This appears to be an internal ecrater problem that only they can fix. Whenever that might be! Thanks!
Usually that means other sellers didn't know the answer and the seller didn't bother to return to the community to share the answer with the rest of the community. I hope you'll share the answer you receive from eCrater so the answer will be available to future digital download sellers. Thanks for your reply.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Usually that means other sellers didn't know the answer and the seller didn't bother to return to the community to share the answer with the rest of the community. I hope you'll share the answer you receive from eCrater so the answer will be available to future digital download sellers. Thanks for your reply.

Yes, please. I don't have any digital downloads, at least not until I write my Great American Quilting Book! Very Happy Nor have I bought anything that way other than Kindle books which I think is kind of the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: