eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

PP/Google Phishing email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: PP/Google Phishing email Reply with quote

Just a heads up.

I just got two emails saying that I had supposedly bought three $5 Google gift cards from PP. I recognize PP emails that land in my junk folder, but not everyone would. To start, the transaction code was way too short, the email address was way too long and not correct, and the invoice part was almost correct. Kind of like the three bears story! Laughing I would forward it on to PP for investigation, but to do that, I have to transfer it into my inbox which exposes my computer to viruses.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis the season to get spamed. Some people are not paying attention, and may just react strongly without stopping and saying "now wait one minute".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly and this time instead of saying the charge is for a $300 camera, it was $15 for 3 $5 Google gift cards.

I'm getting all sorts of junk and I wish I had a calculator capable of doing the math in adding up all the millions the Africans want to give me although some will only let me keep 10% or 30% and the rest going to orphans, etc. Why don't these rich Africans see the poverty in their country instead of wanting to send their money here? Yes, I know these are just fake, phishing emails, but it is what my mind thinks about them. The worst of those was a SNAIL mail phishing attempt. I suspect more would have fallen for that with no email headers showing it came from Africa or the former Soviet Union. I copied it and emailed the copy to the folks at the Canadian bank he was supposedly a part of.

The craziest thing about these is some actually fall for it. I saw a PBS special once and the majority of those that fall for these schemes are Medical Doctors! Makes you wonder just how smart their doctor is.

I would hate to find out that someone here fell into that trap if they could have had some warning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: