eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

why doesn't the ecrater program work ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4thandpearlstreets

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: why doesn't the ecrater program work ?? Reply with quote

I'm trying to get my store opened and the ecrater site will not allow me to even post the colors of my items!!! WHY?? They need to change the wording and that part of it is broken!! VERY frustrating!!
They should change the description to Color, Style,
They also need to have key words column to put what the item is......
necklace, western, southwest, beaded
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look at your new store and I'll try to help answer some of your questions. From your question, I'm assuming you have listed on some other site where they took a different approach to listing items. The eCRATER system isn't broken, it's just different and you need to learn how this system works. There are three areas where you need to enter information about your item; the title, the description, and the Google Attributes.

For your title, you have 100 characters and you should use as many related keywords as possible to describe your item. On eCRATER, the search is title only, so you need to use the keywords a buyer would use to find your items. One title states "Jewelry- New & Used". At first I thought maybe you meant to use that as a category in your store, then realized it was your title. It appears you are selling a brooch and earring set, but why are they new and used? You need keywords; maybe brooch, earrings, what type of earrings, what colors, why is it unique, etc. Also, not every one uses the term brooch so you should probably state pin also.

Your description is your chance to describe the item to your customer. In online sales, especially on eCRATER, you need to use photos as if there is no description AND use the description as if there are no photos. In the example I used for your title, your description does little to add information about the item for sale and I can't tell much from your photos. The critical information missing is the type of back on the earrings (clip, screw, pierced post, pierced wire), color of earrings and brooch, size of both earrings and brooch. If you know the type of metal, you should state that. If you don't know, you could at least state the earrings are a silvertone metal with an open design in a leaf shape. You should have all the information the customer needs in your description. If you don't want to write in paragraph form, you can create use some form of table template for your listings where you add the details.

The title and description will be searched by the different internet search engines to determine if your item page will be shown when someone does a search. These are vital and should be the best you can make them. One other point about titles & descriptions, Google Shopping doesn't want all capitals, or shipping information in either, especially FREE SHIPPING in the title!

The last place I mentioned are the Google Attributes. This is where you provide information required and/or desired by Google Shopping (GS) for placement. A feed to Google shopping is provided for us by eCRATER for free, but we must provide the information eCRATER needs to meet the requirements of Google Shopping. Some required attributes are submitted based on the information we provide when we list the item (like title, description, condition, price, shipping), but we must provide additional information for each item. The Google Attribute titles must be entered in the column on the left side and they must be entered in all lower case, NO capital letters. The Google Attribute Values can be entered with or without capital letters, but there are some restrictions. There are 2 major categories of GS attributes and when you sell jewelry, you need to add attributes from both categories. I posted information for another jewelry seller recently about attributes that you will probably find helpful. Here's a link to the article in the Help section of the community https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=38540. Also, there is additional information in your admin by clicking on the question mark on the attribute table page and by clicking on the "Promote My Store" link under more options.

Remember, Google Attributes are for the Google Shopping feed and will NOT be seen by your customer. You will need to put some information in both the Google Attributes AND in the title and /or description. It never hurt to restate the title in the description along with additional information.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: why doesn't the ecrater program work ?? Reply with quote

4thandpearlstreets wrote:
I'm trying to get my store opened and the ecrater site will not allow me to even post the colors of my items!!! WHY?? They need to change the wording and that part of it is broken!! VERY frustrating!!
They should change the description to Color, Style,
They also need to have key words column to put what the item is......
necklace, western, southwest, beaded

Nothing is broken with eCRATER nor are they not allowing you to put in the description.

On ecrater, sellers sell a plethora of items, many of which do not need to have colors, styles, etc. in the description field. The beauty of eCRATER is you fill in that field with whatever you want. As I sell mostly one kind of item, I have set up a template for each field that I need to fill in. I also keep a database for each item I list so I can list here with everything I need, pop over to Amazon and fill in what I need to as well. Setting up a template is very easy and it helps if you have your categories set up so for like jewelry you would have necklaces, earrings, bracelets, brooches. If you further want to differentiate into western, etc. you can do a sub-sub-category. Like this category: Jewelry>Necklaces>western, Jewelry>Necklaces>Southwestern. If you like you can check my categories. I am working on moving things into sub-sub-categories at my store if you would like to see how I have been doing it. Also, see some of my listings for the way I have set up my templates. Not perfect of course, but good enough to have sold way over 5000 items.

Having a separate listing for each color and each size is actually good as you can have those items in the title AND it gives you more presence on the internet and to the search engines to show your items. eCRATER has been here for over 10 years at this point and we have all survived.

I do see one area where you are going to run into problems however and that is with shipping. You are selling jewelry, and it also looks like you are planning on selling shoes, lamps and shades, and assorted other things. Bulky, big things like lampshades may end up being difficult when trying to set up shipping for the two disparate items. You are allowed to have more than one store and you may want to consider it.

I do hope this makes sense, I just got up and got to my office. If you have more questions, go ahead an ask.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, eCrater is much different than other marketplaces. In most ways, it's a lot simpler to use. My only gripe is the shipping setup with calculated shipping charging retail rates. I don't pad shipping.
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great information guys re Google Attributes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: