eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Went to a Drive-In Movie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:21 am    Post subject: Went to a Drive-In Movie Reply with quote

I was camping these last few days at a campground near Tampa, FL. When we went out to explore the area we found a Drive-In movie theater in Ruskin. They were showing the double feature of A Day in the Neighborhood, the Mr. Rogers movie and Jumanji, The Next Level. My husband and I were so excited to be able to go. Our first date 38 years ago was at a drive in, lol.

What a blast from the past! When I was a kid in Michigan there were 4 Drive-ins within a few miles of our house. My parents would load up the station wagon and off we went with a brown paper sack of popcorn, in our jammies. We saw all the great early Disney movies there. Lady & the Tramp, Son of Flubber, Mary Poppins....Now everyone of those drive-ins are gone.
They lasted until the 80's and I was able take my two sons. Great fun for families! Some had playgrounds for kids to play at while waiting for the movie to start.

At the Ruskin theater a gentleman came on the speakers to welcome everyone and thank us for coming. He said that there are still 7 drive-ins left in Florida but sadly 2 might close this year due to lack of customers. The price was so reasonable, $6 for adults, and if you went to the snack bar the food was also reasonable, $4.50 for a huge bag of popcorn.

Does anyone have a drive-in close to where you live? If so, hope you get a chance to visit and that you enjoy going as much as we did.

The movie A Day in the Neighborhood was a great movie. I would rate it a 4 hanky movie. I always cry at feel good movies so if you are the same be prepared! The Jumanji movie was entertaining also.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: