eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: HELP! Reply with quote

After doing Endicia's upgrade, I can no longer get it to open. I had a customer ask how much it would cost to ship a pattern to her in the UK. Can someone please calculate this for me as I have to take off for yet another doctor appointment so don't have time to fix it. I couldn't make heads or tales of the USPS charts.

It is a 1.8-ounce pattern going from PA to the UK and would need tracking. Would someone please run this through for me on your endicia program or Stamps to let me send her an invoice? I would appreciate it so much!!!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mailing a package from the USA to the UK with USPS Delivery Confirmation would require using First Class Package International Service.

A package weighing from 1-8 ounces would cost $14.50 at the commercial rate which you would receive on Endicia.

I used the USPS rate tables because I didn't want to make any changes to Endicia before I've printed my postage today.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Sheila! Now I can let her know and if needed I think I can use PP postage if my computer won't cooperate - I hate Windows 10!!!!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, where are you seeing that rate ?

I'm looking at the January USPS Notice 123 document.

United Kingdom (et al) shows as Price Group 5 (pg 72). GOing back to the rate chart (pg 62) I see wt 1-8 oz, price group5: $13.78 (for both base and plus).

Priority Mail (pg 60 & 61) are significantly more expensive.

I do see a $14.50 (bottom of pg 74), but comparing way back up the list (pg 49) that looks like the Retail price.

Am I looking at an old rate document ?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh, Moon I'm so sorry. CosmicRay is correct and the rate is $13.78.

After looking up the right price Group (5) I used the link to the retail instead of Commercial rate chart. Thank you Cosmic for catching my error. I was trying to quickly get an answer to Moon, but acted too quickly.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I added into the postage the cost of supplies and fees and the pattern she was thinking of buying is like $36. I even told her that she could throw a couple of more patterns into the mix for the same shipping. One of the things that I love about multi-item orders is I get enough to cover the shipping and I sell more things for not much more in costs. One of the reasons that once someone hits Priority Mail rates in their multi-item order, they won't pay any more for shipping, as at that point it is saving me PP/Stripe fees. On Amazon, it saves big on their FVF. Amazon takes fees - 15 cents per $1 - so when I didn't have the ability to combine shipping I was paying more for all those shipping rates and the customer was paying far more in shipping than they needed to. I want repeat customers, not ones that think I was ripping them off. Very Happy

Our problem with Endicia is that my computer says we need to fix something that only the 'administrator' has access to, which since it is a PERSONAL computer, that would be my husband and he doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. Something about ActiveX whatever that is. This is one of the things I hate about Windows 10. They come in and change things around without our permission. They did their voodoo just the other day and booted ME off in the middle of typing a forum response elsewhere! And then took about an hour to do what it wanted to do. I didn't need a single upgrade. And then they posted this notice that I had to say yes or no to. One being did I want ads programmed to my likes and I click no and they said I would get ads anyhow, just not stuff I might be interested in!!!! What is it about buying with our money a computer that makes MS think that they can use OUR computer to feed us ads??? I didn't get a computer to see ads. If I wanted to see ads, I would watch TV or YouTube. I got the computer to use it to work on for my business! Okay tirade over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: