eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Ebay Import failed - 4xs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellraiserpuzzlebox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Ebay Import failed - 4xs Reply with quote

I've not imported since 2014. didn't realize my store was empty until recently. Tried doing imports and each time they fail.
any help is appreciated
store:
https://hellraiserpuzzlebox.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: eBay importer Reply with quote

I never found the eBay importer to be of any use since so much editing has to be done with the imported listings to make them presentable for eCrater. I do all my listings from scratch.
I would suggest if you wish to pursue the task of importing the listings that you contact eCrater support to assist.

https://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance your store was suspended?

I've never done an eBay import to here either, and as the other poster mentioned, you have to do so much editing once you have done the upload, you might as well do it manually and yeah I know how long that takes as I have around 8000 items in inventory and have sold a lot and try to keep my inventory at that number as much as possible. Check to see if you can manually list one item and if you can't, for sure contact the eCRATER team.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When there are problems with the eBay import, you really need to contact eCrater customer service. They will be able to advise you of the specific problem related to your store and the import.

For the benefit of other sellers reading this, normally the import works great. However, there is one MAJOR difference in the 2 sites that causes headaches for sellers. Listings on eBay can use html coding in the description which includes templates. This coding is NOT allowed on eCrater. The coding is imported as additional text in your description. The more html coding you use in your ebay listings (including templates), the more work you will have to clean up your listings on eCrater. Also, everytime you mention the word eBay in your listing, the importer will change that to eCrater which causes some strange (and incorrect) wording.

It is a great way to move all your listings at once including pictures. Some eBay sellers no longer have any copies of their product photos except on eBay. They take their photos with their phones, upload while creating their eBay listing, edit the photo in eBay, and consider themselves done. For these sellers, doing the import is a huge time saver in just the photos alone.

Bottom line, If your eBay listings are html free, importing is a breeze and a huge time saver.

If you do use html, importing can still be a time saver, but you must plan on editing the descriptions for each item.

After import, IF you want your items to be included in the eCrater feed to Google Shopping, you still must edit each item to add Google Shopping Attributes and confirm the importer selected the correct eCrater Global category and subcategory.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: