eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I cancel an order as a seller?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dollocity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject: How do I cancel an order as a seller? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I made my first sale here. already a Big mess. How do I cancel an order, I'm the seller. I tried to contact the buyer but her email gets returned back to me.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you receive an electronic payment ? If so, you need to refund the payment (on the payment venue's web site). Then check that the RF column has an indicator that eCRATER recognized the cancellation. Remember to put the item back into your inventory.

If there was no payment received, you should have a Delete button on the payment page.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your first sale here is a problem. Returns on eCrater are handled between the seller and buyer. Buyers on eCrater don't have accounts, so when they type an incorrect address or email it makes it a little harder.

The first question to ask, Did the customer pay? If they didn't pay, you don't have a sale, only a request or order. If they gave you a bad email address, you have no way to contact them electronically. I would NOT delete the order from the order page so you have it to refer back to if the customer contacts you next month regarding the shipping. You could drop them a note in the mail, but I wouldn't.

If they did pay, did they use PayPal or Stripe? If they used PayPal, you can try the email address they used in PayPal. Either way, you would issue a refund to the customer from either your PayPal or Stripe account. Once the refund is issued, the payment company will send a message to eCrater and you'll see a check-mark in the refund column of the order on your orders page in your eCrater admin. If the sale came from the marketplace, the refund will automatically cancel the eCrater Marketplace charge. Just be sure to issue the refund from the payment page info in PayPal or Stripe. I would not delete the order from the order page so you have a record of both the order and refund.
Dollocity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Thank YOU everyone, that was a big help. ! I hope this is the reply back Button. No, no payment, no email, no town listed in her address.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would not delete the order from the order page so you have a record of both the order and refund.

Absolutely! I think this is very important. I never delete orders or 'non-orders, refunded ones etc. Because I have so much inventory, buyers that bought something and it if didn't show up and I have the same item, write to ME and ask 'where is it'! They should have ordered from me in the first place! Anyhow being able to check back for name, the item that sold, date, etc. is very helpful to see the info. If you delete it you have no record if you sold it or not, especially if you have multiples.

By the way, an unpaid order is not an order as such. Until payment is made, it is not an order. If you do get paid for this then the email should be on the payment records or you can put a note in the refund you send.

All that being said. You said that a lot was messed up. Is there anything we can help you with?
Dollocity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all set, I appreciate the help. I had some things messed up on my end that I've done. Like I didn't realize if I left the quantity box empty, the listing would have an unlimited quantity listed. so after the buyer bought the item, I looked and it was still listed on the site. (quantity thing) so I ended the listing that was still left showing up. (quantity thing) and it wiped out all of the pictures, even the pictures of what the buyer bought. The buyer has no working email and or Town listed on the address and a phone number with 30 digits. so far so good, I haven't been paid. LOL I haven't been paying much attention here, so it threw me for a LOOP. thank you
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to end a listing because the quantity is wrong, just fix it. However, and something to be especially careful of, if you only have one item you would list the item as having a quantity of one and when the sale goes through, it should change to zero. Since you weren't paid that may have been part of what threw you off. It has been several years since that happened to me and I don't think that without being paid that the quantity changes (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong! Laughing ). BUT, if you sell on another site as well and you sell the item that you have one of elsewhere, go to the listing and click 'hide the item' and then hit the update button. It will not let you end an listing with a zero in the quantity box. I don't know why, but that is how it is. Ecrater sales will go down to zero, but not if you manually change things because it sold elsewhere. One of those weird things that can get really scrambled when you are new, trying to remember all the rules.

At this point, you don't have an order, so no worries about that listing. Since it isn't sold, just make sure the quantity is correct and forget about the so-called buyer. I don't know why people do silly things like that. It has been years for me. Something to do with PP that has to do with PP Express and I am sure Sheila has a copy of how that works and perhaps she will post it for you. Then you won't get bothered by nonsense 'sales' that aren't sales.

I have been trying hard to live my life with an attitude of gratitude, and you were fortunate in in this instance to learn a few little lessons that were no harm/no foul so you can be grateful for that. Not everyone gets to learn this 'lesson' the easy way. Very Happy
Dollocity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he he he. Well e crater is a bit different then other sites. It does things differently. I had to figure out attributes. I didn't even know what one was. It's a little bit harder I think. Of course a new pair of eyeglasses might help me. LOL
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks. Reply with quote

Dollocity wrote:
Thank YOU everyone, that was a big help. ! I hope this is the reply back Button. No, no payment, no email, no town listed in her address.

Sounds like someone playing around or else testing the system to see how it works. You don't have a sale so you don't have anything to do. Just leave the order in your file in case you need it later.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater Math 101

Formulas to remember:

1) Only an Order = Only an Order = Not to worry = Contact/Send Invoice

2) Payment = Receive Money

3) Successful/complete sale = Order + Payment
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: