eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HorseCreekGeneralStore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HorseCreekGeneralStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: HorseCreekGeneralStore Reply with quote

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Please visit us at our new store. New to this site. But, Love it so far!! We are just old folks down sizing trying to make it on retirees income.
All visitors welcome. Please share if you would be so kind...

Thanks so much.... Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you aware that by only taking money via paper you will not be able to receive feedback? You only get feedback with electronic payments, PP/Stripe. Looking at it from a buyer's point of view to buy say one of your pieces of jewelry, I would be very disinclined to write a check for the item as if it comes and they get it appraised as a jewelers, and are told it is glass or whatever, they have no way of getting their money back as you do not offer refunds and without a credit card to get a chargeback from the buyer can be up a creek so to speak. While you folks consider yourselves very honest and I am sure you are, this is not how business is done online anymore.

With the many high prices, you are asking but with no electronic payment ability, you will be only getting buyers from a very small pool that are still willing to bother writing a check or getting a money order and a stamp and then waiting for it to get to you, then waiting for it to clear, then waiting for it to ship. It could take anywhere from 2-3 weeks.

I stopped taking MO about 4-5 years ago and in the last years that I still took them, I only got one a year on average. I have never taken personal checks as they are so costly when they bounce.

You asked for some thoughts and currently those are mine.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took another look at your store and you've been busy listing items. I did notice that it seems all your photos have a date stamp and the ones I viewed were taken last fall. You really need to turn off the date stamp on your camera. Most customers want to think they have found something new to the market (even if it's been listed a couple of years).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila would the date stamp count as a watermark to Google?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google doesn't care about watermarks, but Google Shopping might consider it a watermark. From what I've seen on Google Shopping the "no watermarks" is now more of a request than a requirement.

Now eBay and Amazon are a different story, especially Amazon. However, the joy of selling on eCrater is an absence of such petty rules.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, the joy of selling on eCrater is an absence of such petty rules.

You are so correct in that! The problem is if you watermark pictures that you show here, you may need a different set elsewhere where they aren't allowed

Here is a small giggle for you. On the 28th I sent Amazon a request to delete an image on a listing that I had. The image on the page that shows the different sellers was one of 4 brightly colored calculators! (to be clear, I didn't do this) Just today, after multiple emails to me, to say they were working on it. In my case log, there is a letter from today that says they fixed it, but it is still there are a thumbnail! Do Amazon employees not have delete keys on their keyboards? Is no one allowed to use any common sense and delete calculators from a sewing pattern listing? Here is we accidentally load up a photo incorrectly, we can take in down and be done with it and no filling up our email folder with letters from the gang saying they are working on it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: