eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to Use bulk lister?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quality-Goods-Miracle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject: How to Use bulk lister? Reply with quote

Hello

I want list product 1000 Pcs,

I know not how to list Use bulk lister on excel.

Please help me.

Tell me how to do it in detail.
It will be great if you have a video list on the product.

Please contact.
Thank
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The requirements and the help file for how to use the bulk lister is located in your admin. Just click on the link Bulk List/eBay import then click on the link Requirements and Help. The help file is very detailed showing exactly how the file should be created. You do need to have your photos must have an internet link to their location (not on your computer) and they can't be located on a dropshipper's website.

If you don't know how to create a spreadsheet that can be saved as a tab-delimited file, you probably need to find someone local to you who can teach you the basics of creating the tab-delimited file.

ALSO, please don't start multiple topics with the same question!
Quality-Goods-Miracle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: excel template Reply with quote

Hello

I mean upload product by excel.

You can tell me how to do it in detail.
It will be great if you have a video list on the product.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of us never used the bulk upload file at all. I'm not sure what you are trying to say about the 'video list on the product', but I am pretty certain there are no videos on how to do these uploads. Most stores that people used a bulk upload to fill up their store, forget to go back and tweak each and every listing and make sure it is formatted correctly. An eBay upload ends up being one solid paragraph, single-spaced, with reference to eBay, auctions, etc. which all need to be cleaned up. I have listed each and every listing I have manually and I am not talking about 100 items. In my first year here, I listed over 5000 items manually and try to maintain about 8000 active listings at all times. It is doable and the listing looks much better and I was able to use my photos that are on my computer as well. As you list each item, it goes live instead of waiting for your upload to be approved and then be showing and then you have to manually fix 1000 listings.

As far as I know, the bulk upload is only for items coming from eBay. I don't know if they take an excel file without it being from ebay, but then as I said I have never done one.
Quality-Goods-Miracle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Thank you for tell. I have to manually fix 1000 listings.
ecrater have import product on ebay only.
ecrater have not function list on excel.
I understand correct?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... I have to manually fix 1000 listings.
ecrater have import product on ebay only.
ecrater have not function list on excel.
I understand correct?
No, eCrater has two (2) different uploads. You can import your eBay listings and you can upload a tab-delimited file.

You have already imported your eBay listings. You need to make sure your all your listings can be legally sold in the USA. If the produce contains medicines that require a doctor's perscription in the USA, you can not sell them on eCRATER.

If you have additional products you want to add to your store, you can create a spreadsheet (excel if you wish) and save it in a tab-delimited file. That file can then be uploaded to eCRATER.

Note: You CAN NOT use the eBay importer or the bulk lister to update products already listed in your store. You must maintain your store manually by deleting products that have been sold on other sites.

I noticed on your ebay imported items that you may have left the quantity blank so all your items show you have more than 10 available. If this is correct, good. If this is not correct, you need to correct the item quantity on each item.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clarifying the two ways to upload. I will try to put that in my hard drive! Laughing
bestpins

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. Please share an example of a tabulated file where all fields are filled in when creating a product. Thanks.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestpins, It would probably be better to start your own topic than jump onto an old one.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions are pretty clear. They provide the list of headings that go at the top of each column of a spreadsheet. When you save the file, be sure to save it as a .TXT tab-delimited file using UTF-8. Here's the list of headings they provide (scroll to the end of section II to see the table of entry format requirements):

II. Bulk File Structure

You must prepare tab-delimited text file and save it using UTF-8 encoding. Each row of this file represents one product. Be careful not to include line breaks!

- title
- description
- local_cat_id (on the instructions page, they provide a link that will give you a list of all your custom categories with their ID numbers)
- global_cat_id (a list of these is also provided via its link)
- image_url
- price
- weight
- taxable
- condition
- quantity
- shipping_us48
- shipping_alaska
- shipping_hawaii
- shipping_canada
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I corrected what I said above about the file type to save it as. It would seem eCrater only wants a text file, so you would have to save it as a .TXT tab-delimited file using UTF-8 coding (on the latest version of Excel, in the file type list, it appears as "Text (tab-delimited)").
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Bestpins, It would probably be better to start your own topic than jump onto an old one.

Ha! I was wondering why you said that, but I just noticed this thread was started back in March by someone else. Oh well, question answered. LOL
AbetterDay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I want to ask if I can add more than 1 image in the image_url? how?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbetterDay, I am going to assume you are trying to create a bulk file for import. All items can have up to 10 photos. I'm quoting from the Bulk List Requirements posted in everyone's store administration.
Quote:
image_url - The URL of an associated image for the product. Use only full-sized images. Do not use thumbnail images. If you do not have an image available, leave the attribute blank. Do not include company's logo images and images that say "Image not available". If you have multiple images separate each one by a comma.

If you scroll down in the directions, there is also a table showing the information needed.

Note: the photos MUST be located on the internet (not on your computer). Be sure to read each point in the requirements section to make sure you can use the Bulk Lister.
AbetterDay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
AbetterDay, I am going to assume you are trying to create a bulk file for import. All items can have up to 10 photos. I'm quoting from the Bulk List Requirements posted in everyone's store administration.
Quote:
image_url - The URL of an associated image for the product. Use only full-sized images. Do not use thumbnail images. If you do not have an image available, leave the attribute blank. Do not include company's logo images and images that say "Image not available". If you have multiple images separate each one by a comma.

If you scroll down in the directions, there is also a table showing the information needed.

Note: the photos MUST be located on the internet (not on your computer). Be sure to read each point in the requirements section to make sure you can use the Bulk Lister.

So I can put image link1,image link2 in the bulk file. Or I can only put 1 link and edit the listing later, to add more photos.
Thank you for your reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: