eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Setting Up Homepage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Setting Up Homepage Reply with quote

How do I set up my homepage so About and Categories show up there? Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your About page will not show up on your home page. On your Administration page on the left, you will see the list of topics. In the third one that says. Texts & Colors, on the fourth one down, is the link to the texts that you can write and once you apply them they will show on their appropriate spots. You will also see spots for your home page text, etc.

As to categories on your home page, that will depend on the store template you use. I have I think 7 categories with a photo and link to them and then on the right-hand side of the page, you will see the word categories and they can click on that and see all your categories. But some templates allow for a partial listing of categories.
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the reason I ask this is because on some sellers pages About Me is upper left corner and below that is Catagories. Then to the right is some random items and below that is Featured.
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an example

http://pickychicky.ecrater.com
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks, figured it out.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I think she is using a newer template. If you look at my home page, I am using, I believe, the oldest template that eCRATER has. I've never seen a reason to change it. I am someone that hates going to a B&M store and finds that yet again they have moved the sugar aisle. Drives me nuts. Right before the pandemic hit, our WM remodeled and had just finished so I was only there a couple of times before I haven't been in about 3 months. I do remember that last time driving the electric wheelchair all over trying to find things. I realize that our online stores aren't the same, but my store is working, why change?
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is still a free one. To me it looks cleaner and easier to navigate. I find that if a customer has to use too many links to try to find what they want, they will leave and find another seller.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a couple of the templates that I couldn't even understand what I was seeing and promptly left. I certainly didn't want to pay for that. What is funny to me is newbies coming along and complaining about the old-fashioned boring templates. They may be old-fashioned, but they do what they need to. Most of my customers are buying from me to use in an 'old-fashioned' pursuit of sewing!
JBCcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever works best for you, then you should do!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: