eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I set desktop site as default for mobile viewers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NerdHoarder

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject: How do I set desktop site as default for mobile viewers? Reply with quote

Hello,
I am new to ecrater and was just setting up a store. One problem I noticed is that on mobile devices, the store home page shows up differently than on desktops. The desktop site looks wonderful, as it displays several photos and prices immediately to the visitor. Unfortunately, the mobile site does not show any photos or prices, only a list personal categories. It makes the store look a bit suspect, like an “ad farm / link farm” web site.
I see there is the option for visitors to click on desktop site on very bottom, but some visitors may not even get that far. Is there a way for me to select desktop site as the default view for my store?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind, that on eCRATER, listings are appearing (with a few exceptions) in both your store and in the marketplace. You might have some control over your store's appearance, but the marketplace is controlled by eCRATER.

There is such a thing as the eCRATER desktop store classic display. Some seller's (MoonWishesStore and others) are still using that. I am using the current default version. Checking the options Templates page, I'm not sure if there is a way to go backwards (to classic). I'm also not sure if mobile can be controlled without changing desktop.
NerdHoarder

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cosmicray,
Thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.
I have no complaints with the marketplace setup, I think it’s very nice. My only issue is specifically with the mobile layout with the personal stores.

As I expect most traffic to be from personally promoting the store, I want the visitors to have a very easy time understanding what I’m selling right away. The desktop main page is great for that.

But since the mobile site is just a word list of categories, it’s not very clear what to expect without clicking on a bunch of lists. The subcategories are a fantastic idea on the desktop site, as it pares down the items and clarifies things.

But on the mobile site, it actually makes thing worse. The visitor has to click multiple times just so see any item, then has to back out and click another category, and repeat.

Unfortunately, the target age group for my items is the cell phone generation known for their notoriously short attention spans.

I just noticed another post on this topic from 2015 saying how great it is that the desktop site is the standard view for mobile devices. It really is a shame there isn’t a way to reenable that feature.

I am so impressed with all the wonderful features and options Ecrater provides, it is just this thing that is confusing me how to efficiently arrange the store.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you promote specific items, the customer should get a link to the land page for that item. Pay attention to the URL you are using. A store URL, generating a sale, will get you zero fees charged. A marketplace, could generate fees that will be billed.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: