eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Really unusual issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, while some might think it mean to suggest that you take the time to read and learn what you need to learn BEFORE jumping in, this just goes to show how quickly you can kill your own business before you even get started. READ, PEOPLE! While you might not like it, it really is that simple. You can't expect others to do it for you. We already did that for ourselves and are now busy tending to our own businesses. We do not have the kind of time it takes to teach you everything we've learned over the decades. That's something you're going to have to do on your own or pay someone else to do (like business school) because you obviously don't even have a grasp of the basics. The confusion here has nothing to do with a language barrier. Just laziness.

I have seen newbies having problems right from the start because they had neglected the above. I also suggest taking the time to read and study AND if English is not their native, they need to take an even longer time to study. No one would expect to open a real store that people can come into to shop with 5-minute thinking about it and then opening the store. The same goes for here or any other venue.

Some people I could cry for because they just didn't understand the cost that they would run into and that losing even a $1 to fees is a financial hardship for them. They actually were willing to work and do what was needed to make money but they didn't know what to do and didn't have a mentor to help them. I was fortunate to have a great mentor (my very first boyfriend that I met on my 15 birthday and haven't seen the summer of 1971 but with the miracle of computers we got in touch and he has been a great help. I think that is why I try to be helpful here on the forum, to pay it forward.

Someone that English isn't their native language I give kudos to if they have managed to get a business up and going. They managed to be successful as they did what was necessary. Others think that they know enough, don't bother even trying to learn anymore, and then wonder why they owe money and aren't making any, They didn't count the cost of all aspects of a business. Think about that Shark Tank show. The rich folks will barely even take notice of people pitching their ideas, but the numbers just don't add up right and so they give them a miss. They also don't go along with people that don't have a truly unique idea, but just a revamped, new paint over old product. These kinds of details are what made them millionaires in the first place.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I don't mind helping those who have obviously put forth some effort, but I don't have any other message for those who haven't than the one above. After you have done the above, then I will be glad to help. It's not that difficult to do searches for business-related topics...or to call your payment processor to find out why you don't have access to the funds THEY are holding rather than leaving your customers wondering (a matter of common courtesy, I would say, and the lack thereof is more than good reason to suspend her shop and for PayPal to take over). The SBA even provides a checklist for starting a business, which can easily be found by searching for "starting a business". The OP should see if their country has something similar as it relates to their laws.

I understand the need to support oneself, but you can't do it by the seat of your pants. In other words, no matter how bad the need, it still requires effort. So, at least learn the basics for your own sake. You could also put together some well-worded English texts for specific situations that may arise so you're not just shrugging your shoulders and leaving customers to wonder what happened to their money because of some language barrier. You want to be taken seriously, right? Then there's no excuse, especially when you got someone else's money in your hands (virtual or otherwise). That's the way it is in business.

Not mean statements; just plain and simple facts...and maybe even a little push in the right direction if they truly want to be taken seriously.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: