eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The You're eCRATER-ing It Wrong thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickychicky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Fox said. The listings in question are live listings. If they're sold out, they are supposed to be hidden. The use of the image is irrelevant when the listing is hidden like it's supposed to be.

The only way to make a listing live is to have at least 1 in the quantity. That means shoppers can buy it. Why someone would do that is beyond me, but the possibility is there when it shouldn't be.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have not had anyone question if I had the pattern for sale.

I just got another one last night. Usually, they are just nice folks and they did not find the link in our store, because our store does not show it anymore. They found a link elsewhere and when clicking on it they are shown the on-hold status. I just then send them the link to the section of the store that has what they are looking for.

Maybe it is my imagination, but the ones that say to the effect that they see that it is on-hold and the have the money RIGHT NOW to buy it, just sounds to me like someone that thinks they can push to the head of the line by paying first since most places that show an on-hold status means the seller is waiting for the money to get here, but folks with the money now somehow seem like they are more entitled. But like I said, maybe my own perception of what they are saying.

BTW The one I got asked about last night? It sold in November 2014! Two months after I listed it. When they finally drop off is beyond me.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:

It does not say that explicitly for active items. However, for as long as I've been here (2008), it has been practice to consider "sold out" images on active items to be an extension of the prohibition of Terms 4.5 "What is not allowed to post?": "Items that are not for sale"

There is no prohibition in the Terms on using a "sold out" image on hidden items.

The store that shows the sold out image mentioned in the original post never answered my message to them and I notice they have several active items with the sold out image. So yes I can see that they would be in trouble. Maybe they don't realize it. So I will send them another message on the email address they have on their contact page.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York sales tax 8.875 %

I wonder how long it took them to debate the .875

It probably cost them $2 million dollars to agree on that amount.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickychicky wrote:
The only way to make a listing live is to have at least 1 in the quantity.

Open up any of your active listings. Backspace over the 1 and leave it empty. Click on Update. You now have an active listing with an unlimited quantity.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Open up any of your active listings. Backspace over the 1 and leave it empty. Click on Update. You now have an active listing with an unlimited quantity.

From what I remember, it has always required an integer in the field, not letting me save it without one. I'll give it a try, though, because there always seems to be a new trick I learn...like the flat rate shipping settings within the listing bypassing the USPS shipping calculator by leaving the weight at zero. LOL

P.S. -- Maybe it's the weight field I'm thinking of that requires an integer? Hmmm...

I'm curious, what does it show for the quantity on the listing page?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: