eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Marketplace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Marketplace Reply with quote

Is it possible to move up in the marketplace, without paying a high percentage? A place we can promote our site.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On eCrater, you have to drive your own traffic, for the most part. If you want to increase your visibility, you'll have to make use of the tools available -- Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. The more links back to your shop that you create, the more appealing your shop will be to search bots.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you paying commission on your sales or using the free option? Supposedly the higher commission you choose, the more visibility your items have.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is it possible to move up in the marketplace,

If you are talking about the eCRATER <market place, No. When someone does a search of the Marketplace they can go by date (and there I see that last item that I listed on the second row. Then they can search by lowest price, and then the highest price and finally by relevance. I think the date, which is the default way of showing results. So paying a fee of any kind won't help.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount you pay for a commission does not affect your placement in the Marketplace, you are paying for an increase in the bids eCRATER places for your items in their advertising with the big search engines. Here's the original posting regarding the higher commissions. https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=35630&highlight=fees

Quote:
New feature: select Google/Bing/Yahoo advertising level

If you would like to increase your presence in these search engines, you can select a different advertising level. The higher the advertising level you selected, the higher our bids will be, thus you will probably get more traffic and sales.

Exactly how much more traffic and sales you will get, will depend on the search engine algorithms. It is hard to estimate and varies between the search engines, but you can always try it and see the results for yourself. If you decide to increase your advertising level, please keep it running for at least one week so you can some idea of the results. Anything less than 1 week will be not a reliable indicator.

Please note that the higher marketplace cost rates applies only for the traffic we are paying for these new campaigns with increased bids.

If you get a sale through the marketplace, the rate will stay the same as before: 2.9%. Also if you get a sale through the marketplace through Google organic, the rate will be the same as well: 2.9%.

Placement in the Marketplace is either date based or price based with a default of date, unless you are using one of the major drop shipment companies. The most recently listed items will show first. The only way to "move up" in the marketplace would be to have the newest listing, however that could only last a minute with the next seller posted a bulk upload with lots of new items in your category. You could delete your item and relist, but you would lose big time with the lose of links in the major search engines and only have the top spot for possibility minutes.

Your best bet is self promotions as pickychicky stated.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to get seen in the eCRATER Marketplace is to be sure that you have a good title with appropriate keywords so that when someone is looking for something, in particular, they should be able to find it by searching the MP as a search there is only a title search. But for instance if you have these words in the title: baby girls, baby boy, baby gift, shower gift, baby shower gift, etc. Up to 100 characters anyhow, you are wasting valuable 'real estate' in your title. For those above words, they can be condensed down to "Boy Girl Baby Infant ........." Fill in the rest with whatever it is. No need to tell people or wasting space to tell people if this could be a shower gift or baby gift or a baby shower gift. Most buyers know that they are looking for something for a baby that they want to give as a gift, they don't need to be told it is a gift.

Just to prove to myself that I am right (LOL), I went to the eCRATER home page and entered "baby girls, baby boy, baby gift, shower gift, baby shower gift" and 7 items came up. When I entered "Boy Girl Baby Infant" I got 163 results. Also using words like 'cute' is pretty pointless. Would you go look for something using cute as a search word? I know I wouldn't anymore that I would use 'adorable, beautiful, gorgeous, or any other word that is actually a judgment call. I have seen listings that people waste space in the title saying that something is 'gorgeous' but in my mind when I see it, it is downright ugly! Let the buyer make up their mind as to how it looks to them.

Hope this helps when writing your titles to get things to pop up better when people do a search of the MP.
flowerseeds

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Marketplace Reply with quote

2tip3py1 wrote:
Is it possible to move up in the marketplace, without paying a high percentage? A place we can promote our site.

In my experience, a fresh listing pops up on top in the category if posted right before ecrater pushes out their data. Eventually your listing sinks when other people post new items. One solution is, to post frequently new items, right before ecrater pushes the data (which I think is twice a day, not 100% positive what time).

You can also advertise your item links or the whole shop, on FB, Pinterest etc. I joined a bunch of selling groups on these platforms and feature a few items (pictures only) with a little blurb to entice to browse - including the shop link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: