eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Threatening Customer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randomshobbyandgames

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Threatening Customer Reply with quote

I have delivery confirmation for a package, customer says they did not get it. Once the delivery says it has been made. if they dont have the package, it is considered theft and it is on their end, right? They are threatening to leave negative feedback if it is not received. Mainly my question is what can I do if she does leave negative feedback?

Im not concerned about having to give a refund, mind you. I know Paypal will be on my side with delivery conf. Its the impact of negative feedback.
Thoughts?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to save the emails from the customer as proof that they are threatening negative feedback. Then use the Contact button on Ecrater.com's main page to let them know what happened. They can remove the feedback if the cause is not your fault.

Occasionally this happens and I email the customer to tell them to check with their neighbors to see if it was delivered to them or to check with the other members of the household to see if they picked it up.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does the delivery confirmation say the package was left? It usually specifies in/at mailbox, on front porch, etc. The customer can always ask their carrier.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons that I use bright pink envelopes as I also tell them to check a bunch of places as well as with the PO and tell them to ask the carrier about the pink envelope that they delivered (assuming they have so few, that they would kind of remember it). Usually if a scammer type, I don't hear back from them as they are too close to getting caught lying. My carrier when she makes a house pickup scans the items in my front room (the junk room) and anything she drops of if she comes to the house gets scanned as to having been left here.

Most buyers aren't, in general, going to start up with the threat of a bad feedback at the beginning of the conversation. Check how long it has been since it was delivered, and ask her to check at the PO. Many sellers check with the PO for them, but I do not have a cell phone with free long distance, so to me to call a PO can eat up ALL profit that I would have gotten. You can also check with your local PO as to what you can do such as file a lost or theft claim, or ask the customer to do so. I know that some seem to think that we have to grovel and do everything possible to find something that is 1000 miles away, but you know what? I don't have an invisible jet that can let me off at their front door to find it in their mailbox for them, and yes a customer wrote me once about where is her package when it was in her mailbox. The carrier hadn't put it in the same place as the last package from me. She was writing to me 3 days after it was delivered. Who doesn't check their mail for three days? I have had a customer write to me multiple times on the weekend when I have already told them that I can't do a thing for them as everything is closed and then they keep demanding me to find their item! Some people are nuts!
flowerseeds

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few of those too, people are agitated because of all the covid mess. Here is what I do.

I don't respond to threats at all - zero zip zilch. That borderlines on extortion. My sanity is important too. If they leave neg feedback, I ask ecrater to remove it, supplying all applicable evidence in screenshots (i.e delivery confirmation, section of applicable term, emails etc.)

Don't let these sourpusses get to you. Hope this helps

Last edited by flowerseeds on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Threatening Customer Reply with quote

randomshobbyandgames wrote:
I know Paypal will be on my side with delivery conf. Its the impact of negative feedback.

PayPal allows claims up to 6 months. Standard/free Del Conf tracking is only available for 4 months. Signature is available for 1 year.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ALWAYS print the delivery confirmation page on the USPS site. That way I have the details of each and every delivery no matter when a customer contacts me about a package. I also keep my eyes on the tracking just in case trouble starts brewing that I need to thwart (ie, taking the scenic route to its destination). Preparedness is key to protecting oneself. Fortunately, I've never had an issue.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many buyers have been well trained by Amazon to get extra freebies by claiming something didn't arrive. However, we do not have to bend over backward to straighten messes out that has to do with their PO and living situation. If I am getting something that the tracking never shows is as being delivered, to me that is on the seller because they should have been tracking the package whether they think they should or not.

eCRATER is very good most of the time in deleting negatives that are undeserved, but please remember that not all of them are changed. Some may be deserved, especially when a seller has 50% negative feedback saying something didn't arrive or was 'lost in the mail'.

Seriously folks, how often do things really get lost in the mail? Hardly any from my experience. We have the tools to help prevent lost mail at our fingertips. Be sure you have a printer (tax-deductible business expense) that you print out the packing slip for inside the package and a postage label that clearly shows where it is going and who sent it. It should also have a tracking number which I believe is free under most circumstances other than a regular letter. I suspect that many of the lost in the mail nonsense is due to hand-scribbled to and from (if that) on the package. I remember buying something once that came with a scribbled almost illegible address to me, no return address, and no packing slip. That is the kind of package that has trouble finding its way to where it is supposed to go. I also have the best PO in the USA so that helps as well for all packages to get off to a good start.

A seller on Amazon and myself, both send out brightly colored packages that stand out in the crowd of kraft yellow, white and beige mail so that a carrier is likely to remember the parcel. We have both found that when someone tries the old it says delivered but it wasn't routine, we tell them what the package looked like and that they should ask the mail carrier or PO right away to see if they know anything about the package. I have found that after the little detail that your package was sent in a pink envelope with a thank you sticker on the back, I rarely hear from the person again! Laughing But if they do reach back out to me again, I then figure that they generally aren't scamming me. The scammers don't want to do anything to bring a scam up to the PO attention. They want to keep the gravy train going of getting freebie products and then all their money back as well.

A buyer whose first contact with you is threatening, should not be tolerated and I think we would have back-up on this end from the team. I'm a mother of two kids who are grown up now. Raising them, they knew tantrums, begging, wheeling, etc. NEVER worked on me and guaranteed that they would never get what they wanted. If I didn't let my kids get away with it, why would I allow a total stranger????
flowerseeds

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Threatening Customer Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
randomshobbyandgames wrote:
I know Paypal will be on my side with delivery conf. Its the impact of negative feedback.

PayPal allows claims up to 6 months. Standard/free Del Conf tracking is only available for 4 months. Signature is available for 1 year.

I screen cap every delivery on USPS. Better safe than sorry, it's just a small file. I also eliminated paypal in 2016 and have 95% less issues with my orders. Whew and woohoo! Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: