eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

shipping options and setting up shipping matrix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nltradingcards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: shipping options and setting up shipping matrix Reply with quote

Hi folks, I hope things are well. I am located in Canada. I will be selling sportscards.

I have two questions at this point while I wait to see if my first (test) bulk upload works.

1) I have considered two possible shipping strategies:
i) fixed shipping but one rate to Canada and one to the US no matter how many cards are purchased
or
ii) a sliding shipping rate depending on the number of cards purchased
Are both i) and ii) possible with ecrater? What settings need to be configured and how?

2) Is there a currency setting somewhere? I would prefer to sell and price things in Canadian dollars.

Thanks,
R Haynes
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. There is no way to change the currency setting to Canadian dollars. There are three sites, US, UK and AU. If you select selling to the UK and/or AU, your items will also be shown in the eCRATER UK and AU sites with the prices and shipping automatically converted to Pounds and AU Dollars. Prices on the US site will be shown in US Dollars. (There is a way to avoid having your items shown in the UK and AU sites if you wish. There is also a way to control your item prices on both sites if you wish.)

Regarding your shipping, both options are possible on eCRATER. To use either option, you would enter the "weight" of each card as 1. You will need to select Canada in your Shipping Zones. (The US-Mainland, Alaska & Hawaii are mandatory on eCRATER.) You will need to complete the Weight Matrix.

i) For a fixed shipping with one rate to Canada & one to US no matter how many cards are purchased, add your "fixed" rate to every column in the US-Mainland row, Alaska row, and Hawaii row. Then add your Canada rate to every column in the Canada row. The one exception is the last column titled 16+ in which you will enter 0.00.
.. i-a) With this system, if the customer buys 10 cards, checkout will total the "weight" (1 x 10) for a total "weight" of 10 and return the shipping value in the 10 column for the correct country.
.. i-b) If the customer ordered 20 cards, checkout will total the "weight" (1 x 20) for a total "weight" of 20 and return the shipping value in the 16 column plus the amount in 16+ column for the correct country.

ii) For a sliding shipping rate depending on the number of cards purchased, you would enter to cost of shipping 1 card in column 1, cost of shipping 2 cards in column 2, cost of shipping 4 cards in column 4, cost of shipping 6 cards in column 6, etc. (If the customer buys an odd number of cards, shipping will jump to the next whole number. Three cards will ship at the 4 card rate.) In the last column you would add the amount to be added for each additional 2 cards purchased above 16 cards.
nltradingcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject: thanks - and further question! Reply with quote

Will post this in a new thread as well as it is off-topic from the original post.

Many thanks for your detailed reply, I will give it a try.

As a followup. My bulk upload threw a few errors. The initial processing was passed with errors, it complained: Row 1: Invalid header line. I used the header line from the sample bulk upload file. In any case it proceeded to review and then I got errors that descriptions and images were required.

I had descriptions - in this test the descriptions are the same as the title - nothing more to say really, was that the issue?

And I have setup the store to be in list mode, for modern common cards I will not include images. I assume that images are not really required?? How do I set up the bulk upload file in this case?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help with the shipping questions.

Images are not "required" to list an item on eCRATER, but are required to be included on the Google shopping feed and/or included in any advertising eCRATER does. In my opinion, they would be required to make a sale. I think you may want to reconsider adding photos.

I think you may have misunderstood the list option. It refers to the way the items are presented to a shopper. I think seeing an example would be better than trying to explain. Go to the home page of eCRATER, https://www.ecrater.com , and enter O-Pee-Chee Hockey Card in the search box. You'll be presented with the gallery view of all cards matching your search currently listed on eCRATER. Look at the line of tabs just above the photos like Date Lowest Price Highest Price Relevance and two icons for gallery view or list view. If you change to List View, you'll see how list view looks on the marketplace and it will look the same in your store. Currently, you would have the only cards with no images, regardless of the view.

I've never used the bulk upload, so I can't help with that problem. You may need to contact the eCRATER team from the home page (link in the lower right). Most of the sellers who are active on the forum don't use the bulk upload.
(Note to other sellers, the bulk upload is different from the eBay upload.) Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think you may want to reconsider adding photos.

As usual, I agree with Sheila as well on this. Buyers want to see what they are buying. I can't imagine trying to sell something that is 'collectible' without a photo. I would expect that anyone that is interested in a card will ask for front and back photos. Without a photo, if you sent them what you described and the description kind of matches what they are looking for, but what you send them isn't the same as what they thought they would get, you will have an unhappy buyer.
nltradingcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. All modern cards are sold as NRMT or better, vintage cards or higher priced insert cards will include photos. This is not uncommon for sportscards. I will hopefully have inventory in the tens of thousands, so I have no practical way of getting scans and then images up for that quantity. So I need to be able to bulk upload both with and without photos.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that there is a limit of around 10000 items listed on eCRATER although you can ask for more space. I have over 8000 items listed over which I have sold thousands, and all have pictures it is just part of the deal. I scan my patterns and that is much quicker and easier than taking photos and then fussing around with them. Anyways I just wanted to give you a heads up on the amount you can list. Many sellers never get that his ever, but for some of us we discover a limit when we hit it. You are allowed to have more than one store so you might want a store for each type of sports card that you are selling.
nltradingcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Good advice
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: