eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How can I get rid of Norton?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: How can I get rid of Norton? Reply with quote

a couple of years ago I fell for a scare tactic email to install Norton because my computer was not protected. I still had Microsoft protection but I installed Norton for a few months trial. It gummed up my computer so I uninstalled it since I couldn't figure out how to contact Norton. they continued to send me emails but so do all the other companies I unsubscribe from.

today the charged my PP acount $65 for a renewal. I just spent 2 hours trying to contact Norton but they have their chats arranged so you cannot type a message. they have their help line on a continuous loop so you can't phone, email or chat.

I'm furious. I filled out a dispute form with PP but there again, they no longer have a phone number where you can explain your problem.

anyone have experience with Norton?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now PayPal has locked me out. when I was trying to solve the Norton problem PP insisted I had to change my password. so I changed it. Hours later I go back to PP and it doesn't accept my new password. finally they say the password has been used recently so pick another. so I pick another and enter it but they keep shortening although it only has the required number of characters. I've gone through the verification process numerous times. all I get is that the passwords don't match.

I'm at my wits end. I don't know what I am doing wrong. does anyone have a phone number for PP?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, I can't help with PayPal but do have a little info for Norton.

I sent you a PM with info on Norton.
teknosophy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: My entire career revolves around protecting people FROM it Reply with quote

I protect people from Norton and McAfee for a living.
Not joking.

Anyway, here's what you do.
First, call their refunds line, and if you do it within 30 days, they'll refund you no problem. If they ask why, tell them it destroyed your PC. That's what it does to ALL computers.

(800) 745-6061 •
1 855-815-2726 •

Next, go to Programs and Features and uninstall it. Every time it pops up with alternative offers, be sure to deny them. Note that purging that filth from your PC doesn't have anything to do with billing. You still have to call them and tell them to stop milking you.

Final note: Traditional viruses have not happened since 2008, so all antivirus software is completely helpless. There are four new threats out there that are far beyond viruses, and most computer guys don't have updated training.

I'm licensing my business model if y'all know anyone out of work.

Cheers!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm licensing my business model if y'all know anyone out of work.

I know someone pretty much out of work but I think decent vision would be a requirement and he doesn't have that. My hubby is going through a rough time right now. It is bad enough to have a physical problem but to have it taking your sight away is really bad as the things he has been able to do to help me out, he can't do anymore - like the driving which about kills me. Now I do all the driving including him to his doctor appointments.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teknosophy thanks Iwill get right on that.

would you believe I just went to paypal to get the date and account number. PP has locked me out again. I enter my password and they delete some of the characters and because it is blind I don't know what they deleted.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get into SS yesterday to see where my husbands account is at. I accidently got the ID wrong x 2 and they locked me out for 24 hours. Instead of something sensible, like asking the security questions that I had to do when setting up his account for checking into online. Why do these companies make us go through all these handstands and then not use them. Sorry don't mean to get into your post, but I feel for you. It is one of the reasons that I finally canned endicia after a very long and happy relationship. When Stamps.com took them over, they changes my ID and never told me and several other things. No wonder I couldn't use them for postage!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes I was locked out more than24 hours. I finally started a chat on PP and the person I was chatting with could not solve the problem so she had her supervisor call me. It took over an hour for him to get me back in. I haven't tried today.

PP did rule in my favor for an item that never arrived. A mask no less. Seller seemed to fall off the face of the earth.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rwknoaophy thanks very much for the Norton numbers. I called and got the matter taken care of. Refund is already in my PP account.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got that problem solved. Hubby does our computer stuff as much as possible, but his computer started smoking and as much as possible he is trying to figure out how to fix it. It would help if he could SEE what he is doing. I usually have to read the fine print for him. His visit to the doctor yesterday was NOT encouraging. It will cost around $1000 to see if one solution works and it consists of a very expensive contact lens (in the $250-400 range!) which would make me very nervous as I have been around enough people whose contacts came out and the massive hunt for it. We don't have the funds to willy-nilly buy them when one disappears! This means for him to do much with the computer is about nil. So I understand your need for help without your own Mr. Fix-it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: