eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to trouble shoot Outlook

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject: How to trouble shoot Outlook Reply with quote

My emails are not coming through. At first I thought it just happened this weekend and then I realized I hadn't gotten my ecrater invoice on the 15th so I went looking and also found a sale and payment notice that had not arrived. I get a few newsletters daily that haven't been arriving.

I use Outlook but haven't a clue where to go to troubleshoot it. Any ideas.

I can't seem to keep two things operational at the sametime. If it is in my stars, I wish one would get hit by that metior.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At one point I tried to change my email address. An exercise in frustration. I think every last one of them wanted a cell phone number. A number that I could have turned on 24 hours earlier, instead of the landline phone that we have had since about 1994!

The computer world does not make sense. Like when Google came out with the attributes. They didn't seem to understand that anyone would want to sell an item with no UPC it was that old! One of the editing errors on M*A*S*H once was Radar passing out Hershey's bars and you could distinctly see the UPC on the bottom of the bar. They did have Hershey chocolate at that time, but not the UPC.

In many ways, I hate computers and especially the programs that think THEY own our computers with all the updates that we don't want or need.

Sorry I have no ideas to help you other than to commiserate.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They want a cell phone so they can text you code numbers to get you in.

I didn't change anything. Just realized I wasn't getting any emails. The only thing getting through are Bed Bath and Beyond ads.

I googled it and there seems to be quite a bit of info on line.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the places that want a code, do an auto phone call and tell me the number. I don't call them, they call me so they know they are calling the right place. There is no reason to actually NEED a mobile to do that.

Quote:
I didn't change anything.
One of my frustrations has been how the software allows MS into our computer and do whatever it wants to do. You can't stop it. After every big download to my computer that they do and I couldn't stop. I have to figure things out all over again, including things like email.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have Windows 10? I'm still on 7 and no longer have MS updates. I've never noticed that I had to change things after an update.

I'm still not getting emails. People should send me question emails from my stores to see if they come through but my invoice didn't nor did my PP confirmation of payment nor an order.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, the problem might be with your email provider. Sometimes they will make changes that affect the user based email program from downloading the emails or sending the emails. You might want to contact your email provider and explain the issue you are having with Outlook to see if they have recently made any changes.

Through the years I've used several email providers (currently down to 3) and I've had this happen. Usually it's something to do with security where they "improve" their security which requires a change in your email program to receive emails. Until you get the problem fixed, you should log into your on-line email program to check for emails.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Usually it's something to do with security where they "improve" their security which requires a change in your email program to receive emails.

Or, to give you a better online experience (yeah, sure). Same reason why Amazon has taken down about 450 of my listings so that customer's will have a better shopping experience instead of my 'high' price which are fairly normal until the 'penny' sellers showed up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheiilahdee, It was something with my email provider. When I finally got through to someone who didn't speak much English but did know immediately what the problem was. I had been without service in one of the accounts for almost 2 weeks but because I was getting emails from the other account I didn't realize the other was faulty. Took 2 days to go through the backlog. Not sure why the second email wasn't having a problem because both use the same password.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you got the problem fixed.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, with hubby having such a hard time seeing, I wish I could have you in my back pocket whenever I have trouble! Very Happy I've always been able to toss off all computer problems to him, but not so much anymore and when it is something he thinks he can do, it takes a really long time to do it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: