eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Customer says I charged 2 extra $1 charges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtisticTouchBeads

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject: Customer says I charged 2 extra $1 charges Reply with quote

So I have this email, the customer says "Why did my purchase charge my card for the amount of purchase and two additional $1 charges?"

I checked and no such charges appear.

I asked if she might have purchased something else on eCrater and thought it was coming from my store.

Any ideas?

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Customer says I charged 2 extra $1 charges Reply with quote

ArtisticTouchBeads wrote:
Any ideas?
Yes, this is a standard practice in the credit card industry. The customer checked their credit card statement soon after placing the order. The credit card processor sends a charge for a small amount to confirm the card is valid, then they process the requested charge and they process a debit for the amount of the small charge. Since the customer saw 2, I'm wondering if actually one was a charge and one was a debit. Sometimes the debit takes longer than the charge which can be another issue.

I use a credit card at my gas station. I often see the charge with the debit showing the following day. You can assure the customer this is a standard practice in the credit card processing world and not anything you created. If they have additional questions, direct them to the customer service number for their credit card.

You'll see this most often with a PayPal payment when the customer doesn't sign into a PayPal account and they pay with a credit card.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a practice that has been going on for years. They must be new to using a debit card.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a new user or new card this can happen. It shouldn't happen unless the card has been dormant a long time. I charge everything that costs more than 5 $ since I use a money back credit card so my CC companies would be concerned if I didn't use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: