eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello eCrater Community

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeweArt13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Hello eCrater Community Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
I'm helping my wife setup a store on here. She wanted to sell my art so I said go ahead and try it if you want. I've sold antique toys years ago on eBay back in the 90's when they first started and I stopped in 2001. I haven't sold anything online since then. So I have no idea how sales will be. I checked the site for paintings and I didn't find any artist selling on here so I don't know if that's a good thing or not. But my wife can try it and see what happens.

I selected eCrater's because I've seen comments about people having sales on here. So I told my wife she should try this site out of all the sites I've checked out for her.

I'm an abstract artist and most of my paintings are 36 in. x 36 in. / 91 cm. x 91 cm. and larger. So I'll be posting questions I'm sure when it comes to shipping. The wives store is/will be https://heweart13.ecrater.com/

Bill & Pat
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bill and Pat and welcome to eCRATER. This is the best venue to sell on as currently (and there is no talk of it) it is not a public company so the owner is not having to satisfy stockholders at the price of the sellers. It is a well run site. We do get sales and it depends very much on the seller and how hard they work to advertise their store. eCRATER does some of the advertising with uploading to Google shopping, etc. but having the store owner doing some helps, such as in your case, have a blog or website with details about the artists and their work and then the can use the store to sell at, so you don't have to deal with some of that.

Everyone's results selling here will vary. I've had around 5600 sales in 12-13 years. But then I have around 8000 items listed, and I promote them on Pinterest and Facebook as I have the opportunity.

If you don't mind a few suggestions to help you out. We are allowed 100 characters in our titles. Use them as they are very valuable real estate. When someone does a search for something, many times they will get no results if there matching words in their search to the title. I noted that you did nothing to describe the painting other than size. Is it oil, acrylic, watercolor, etc.? What substrate was it painted on? Who is the artist? In this case nice to have some background on them. My biggest question and please don't think I am rude for asking, but you are asking a lot of money for an art piece without a frame that is curling at the edges and has grommets poked through it -- 5 no less. To me that says it is a poster or such. I don't know much about the art scene currently but I am trying to learn. You are allowed to have up to 10 photos for free here and so some close-ups, and anything else you can show would be of help.

On your terms page you say that you do not refund shipping and I have no problem with that, but you should also state that you don't refund shipping unless you made a mistake, such as sent the wrong art piece, had said it was a certain size and in reality it was a foot bigger or smaller, that sort of thing. You always want to stand behind both your products and your service.

I hope some of that helps.

One more question. Does no one in RI sew? I sell sewing patterns and of every state every year, I consistently sell way less to RI than anywhere! Just a week or sew ago, I sold my first pattern to RI for the entire year, while some states I have sold way over 50 to them and other much more. I know you have a small state but every year I am looking for that one or two orders from RI.
HeweArt13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still working on the store, I've been busy so I haven't worked on it for a few days and I'll update info like you said. I do Live streams on Facebook when I paint some times. I also have some videos posted on Youtube. I would do live streams on Youtube but I need 1,000 people to like my page before I can stream on there. I've also done a live stream on Instagram. I'm busy with my art and I build Cigar Box Guitars so working on the store isn't on the top of my list right now. That's why I told my wife (Pat) if she wants she can try selling online I don't have the time and online sales aren't my thing. Like I said I was on eBay back in the 90's when it started. But after 7 years I had enough of working 24/7. But I know what's going to happen, I'll be dealing with everything, because the boss (Pat) will say, Bill what do I do now? Can you do it for me?

Gee got me writing a book LOL

The painting I have posted took 5 days to paint. It looks simple but it took time. I double prime/gesso my own canvas and then there's two coats of paint on the black & white. Hanging it by grommets isn't common. But I got the idea from Leon Golub an artist that hung his art with grommets. Only his art was huge and he hung his art in galleries and museums.

People in RI sew the local Wal Mart sold every sewing machine they had and they are always running out of material and sewing machines. I know there are a number of places in RI the sell sewing products, patterns, etc..
HeweArt13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add I just setup a page on Facebook that I'll be streaming on and posting photos of my art. Also my streams on there are public so if you search my name and add abstract artist you might find my videos. I'm not the best guy in the world doing live shows. But I do it to promote my artwork and see what happens from there.

Not sure if this link will work or not. It's just a short video with 14 of the paintings I did this year.

https://www.facebook.com/billhewesartist/videos/164910438421413[/url]
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once bought a small painting on ecrater
Welcome to ecrater.
HeweArt13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: