eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Free shipping
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Persa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: Free shipping Reply with quote

Hi im new at ecrater and im from iran
How can i set free shipping for my products
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go to shipping matrix and enter 0 on all the spaces of countries you plan to ship to. That way if in the future you change your mind you just have to fill in the numbers in the matrix.

Do you still live in Iran or have you moved elsewhere?
Persa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your guidance
Yes im still living in iran
pickychicky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping is free now? When did they do that? LOL JUST KIDDING! :p
Persa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile) we dont have famous international shipping companies in iran and the companies that can ship products are small and very slow,so first thing in my minde is free shipping,do you have better idea?im new at online sell
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! You have to make all your products available to ALL 50 states here in the US. Have you weighed and figured out whatever you want to sell to see how much it weighs and how much it will cost YOU to ship it. My expectation is that it will be costly.

Please understand that when someone lists their products with 'free' shipping, they are usually adding the average cost of shipping into the price of the product. It isn't that you get 'free' shipping at your post office or wherever you ship from. If you are having difficulty with knowing the costs, go to your nearest shipping place and see if they will help you learn the rules and what all needs to be done to ship to the USA and any other country that you want to ship to. Just because shipping will be slow is not a good reason to give free shipping. That is something you let the buyer know that shipping may take a month or more.

Since you are new and mistakes can add up if you make mistakes, I would suggest that you spend some time reading forum posts to learn as much as possible before opening your store. Several years back I started a blog about starting to sell online. I ran out of time to do much with it lately, but there should be some things to learn about that might help you.
https://firststepstosellingonline.blogspot.com/
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you can ship packages into the USA? The rules of eCRATER state that you must be able to ship to all 50 states in the USA. With the trade embargo between the two countries, you might have a hard time shipping to the USA.

What method of payment are you going to use? The eCRATER rules state you must use one of the ones listed in your administration page. PayPal and Stripe do not allow accounts for sellers based in Iran. That will leave you with only checks, money orders, or cash.

I'm sorry to have such bad news, but I think you are going to have a very hard time selling on eCRATER.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points Sheila. I wasn't aware of that, but she undoubtedly would have gotten that sad news talking to her PO people.
Persa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your guidance
Yes im aware of my products shipping cost
And tes its so much than i exept and because of that i select the low weight products,shipping companies in iran are working with other bigger international companies and they have door to door service to usa and 202 other countries,so exept the time and high cost i dont have shipping problem
And about paypal,we can have paypal account in iran and use it but there is a risk of that my paypal account be banned during time
So,theoretically i can sell in ecrater but with so much problems
pickychicky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Persa...I meant no offense by what I said. I was just being silly with the common "free shipping" argument in mind. I sure hope you're able to have some sort of success selling online. It's sad how our own governments tend to make it difficult for their people to eke out a living.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Persa

from what I can see, you have no products listed yet. I have encountered problems with Google, erroneously believing a few of my products are from Iran/Persia, and disallowing them from search indexing. I hope you do not run into that problem.
Persa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again
Can you give me some information about tax?
How can i know there’s tax for my products and how can i pay it
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your country have VAT (value-added tax) or other types of customs duty taxes that the seller has to pay? Then you find out from them, how to pay it. For shipments to the USA, unless over a certain dollar amount (hundreds of dollars) there would be no duty tax nor would there be any sales tax. As you are not in any state here, you would not be collecting state sales tax. If you would try to sell on Amazon, they would collect sales tax for the states that charge them but you would be out of that loop. Most likely you would never sell enough to any one state to get to the point of needing to officially pay sales tax to a state as most of the states don't expect you to pay sales tax unless you sell more than 200 orders and or $10,000-20,000 in one year to any one state. Each state has its own rules on this.

Basically tax is not a problem for you unless someone else knows of a potential problem.
Persa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again
So i started to add product and they not appear in the related category on the site but when i search their name i can see them
Why they not appear on the category ehat can l do
And please guide me about how i can i do better in ecrater and be seen
Persa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me some information about google attribution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: