eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Something Under A Pound?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonriselotus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject: Shipping Something Under A Pound? Reply with quote

Hey all. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I only found older threads. My items are very lightweight like stickers and key chains.

From what I understand, when you list a product and it asks you for the weight, that is in pounds? However, when trying to enter something like, "0.529109" for something that weights 15 grams, the page tells me that I must put at least "1" in there. I don't want people over-paying for shipping, nor do I want to offer flatrate or free.

I'm not sure what I should do about this issue. Any help would be loved.
Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pickychicky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to enter the zero before the decimal point (ie, 0.25 for a quarter-pound). Also, I've never entered more than four digits behind the decimal point, so you might try rounding to that, so your above number would be "0.5291" -- if the zero before the decimal point doesn't work by itself, that is.

P.S. -- It basically requires a whole integer at the beginning, whether it's a 1 or a zero.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendations to create a fair S&H cost for similar items:

1) It is first get a weigh scale.
2) Weight all similar items.
3) Create a testing package with the heaviest similar item. The testing package using the method or how you are going to ship the item.

Get in mind solid/rigid items are ship as package.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the very important things with shipping is if at all possible you want to have tracking and so for first class mail, for 1-4 ounces will run $2.66 to $3.18. Not positive about the first amount as I'm way tired right now.

If all your stuff is this low weight, you would probably best be served by the matrix. In stead of thinking and filling in the columns as weights, I have the first column represent 1-4 ounces, the second one 5-7 ounces, etc. Most of my listings I have a 1 as the weight, and if a person buys more than one item, the matrix will add the two together and charged the shipping for sending two items. Since your things sound really light you might want to tweak the second column a bit. Sorry I haven't had my nap and can't think it through right now, but if you want to use the matrix, I will be glad to help once I have had some sleep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: