eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Missing Google attributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Missing Google attributes Reply with quote

I was just in my Arts and Letters store and saw that 11 listings were missing attributes or had incorrect ones. These are all vintage books that predate ISBN numbers. What am I supposed to offer in place of an ISBN?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they have a SSN number? If so use a 1 or 0 in front of the number. Beyond that, make sure you have a good title and description so they will show up in searches.

I went for the longest time with no problems with my attributes and now it doesn't make any sense. I was at 290 for months, and yet when tweaking listings, I might change and add in the ISBN, etc. and the red exclamation mark would disappear, but the number never changed. Then one morning, I signed in and I was at 300. now why would I be at 300 when I hadn't listest any thing new and had been fixing a lot of listings? It doesn't make sense. Then today I see I am at 299. I have no idea why. I"m too old to waste my life chasing Google attributes.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing Google attributes Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
....These are all vintage books that predate ISBN numbers. What am I supposed to offer in place of an ISBN?
You would use the attribute identifier_exists with the value of No or False.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing Google attributes Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
....These are all vintage books that predate ISBN numbers. What am I supposed to offer in place of an ISBN?
You would use the attribute identifier_exists with the value of No or False.

I thought I had that in all my vintage listings. I will check but I'm with Moonwishes. Too old to chase Google attributes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Too old to chase Google attributes.

I would think many of us are in the same circumstance - too old.

My MIL has for years said she would never allow my FIL to go into a nursing home. Then this past week as she had to act like a 24-hour nurse, finally called my husband for help and he has been spending about 12 hours overnight every night over there to help his dad so MIL can get some sleep. It only took a couple of days for her to change her tune about him never going in a nursing home. He should be leaving in about 15 minutes for one. It is one thing to claim that you would never allow a spouse to go to a nursing home when you are in your 60's, it is another thing when you are 88 1/2 and have your own physical problems. Tooooooo Ollllddddd!!!! Sad

It has been a week that is for sure. While I can't physically help, I got pulled in and was happy to do it, to translate if needed what they were saying to MIL about what was going on. She is very deaf and with face masks on, she had a hard time following what the hospice team told her.

Maggie, I hope you find your item. I had to do one of those searches the other day. I have about 15 patterns of one brand and did I remember where I put them? Nope! But I did find it. Would you believe with the unlisted ones!
grannysbargainattic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet I got you guys beat....I just turned 72...way too old...BUT selling onlne is keeping my mind young. I wonder how long I can do this? I'm trying to teach my son but his work ethic isn't the same as us "old school" people.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grannysbargainattic wrote:
I bet I got you guys beat....I just turned 72...
Well, you've got me beat by less than a year! Laughing I turned 71 in June.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I guess I am a spring chicken with turning 65 next month. But with having a chronic health problem at times I feel a whole lot older.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: