eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Yet Another Question About Google Attributes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mysterylanebargainbin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Yet Another Question About Google Attributes Reply with quote

I've been preparing to return to eCRATER with collectable books and media. When I last sold here in 2012, Google attributes included isbn and other book attributes like author, format, date, pages and some I can't recall. I've read and read about attributes both here and in Google help but the only book attributes that I can find are isbn and identifer_exists for pre-isbn books.

Are attributes like author, date and pages no longer valid?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pickychicky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about them being invalid, but I do still use the ones that eCrater has listed. I have seen some sites where they'll include such information (ie, author or artist), but it's hard to say if it came from their attributes or if they just filled out more information than most others. I can say that none of my listings with (possibly) extraneous information have been disapproved.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an opinion and we all know everyone has 2 or more opinions...But, use as many attributes as you can think of, if any are flagged in red, work on them and clear up all red warnings. here are few i can think of. I guess I too, am always working on attribute issues. Good Luck

Brand
upc or isbn
format
genre
rating
actor, author
etc. etc.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, mysterylanebargainbin! A lot has changed in the world of Google Attributes since you were last here. Google Shopping (GS) no longer uses the book attributes you listed. They are still on the eCRATER list and you are free to use them, but they are not used by GS. They will appear to other search engines when they scan your item page, but it's unknown if they use the information. It's far better to provide that information in your item description.

Currently GS wants the ISBN for books and the upc for media. If a book has both isbn and upc (issued by the manufacture), GS says use both. The GS instructions state:
Quote:
Required (For all new products with a GTIN assigned by the manufacturer)

Optional (strongly recommended) for all other products

GS says it wants both the 10 and 13 digit isbn OR just the 13 isbn. In my eCRATER bookstore I only used the one printed in the book because that is the International Standard Book Number that was issued for that edition. Point in case, GS would like the 13 digit isbn for Nancy Drew books. If you search by title & author, as you know, there is a HUGE difference in 1930s, 1950s, 1960, and current flashlight editions. When I do this, I often get an error message, "Use the full GTIN. Include leading zeroes, and use the full UPC, EAN, JAN, ISBN-13, or ITF-14.", but is has not affected placement in GS.

GS did make a change where the "required" was changed to "all new products". Once they made that change, I've begun using the identifier_exists attributes for my USED collectible copies and gotten no error messages in the past year. If I have a NEW or NEW-other, I would need to add an isbn. GS wants to group all copies of a specific isbn together so buyers can price shop, but when you consider the conditions for used it only makes sense to group only new copies. I think GS finally realized that. (This is my personal opinion and not based on any info from GS or eCRATER, just an educated guess.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: