eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Attributes problem - Processing Failed Image Link
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Google Attributes problem - Processing Failed Image Link Reply with quote

Recently got Google dings for this error related to a few of my product images.
Frustrating, because these images have been up for a while and never had an issue. I process all my images the same way. So why now? Why these?

Issue: Processing failed [image link]
Fix: Wait for the product image to be crawled again (up to 3 days)

I Googled it, and, of course, there is very limited and cryptic information, but the gist of it is it can be a Google server error, a market provider's error, or the store owner's error. And it will genuinely fix itself?

Anyone ever run into this Googe disqualifier?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On google's last eCRATER crawl, under the heading (Disapproved from Google) I now have quite a few, the disapproved qualifier reads ((Review Shopping ads policies and update your feed to meet the requirements)).

Just few days ago they were fine, now this, I am tweaking some of them. I can't figure out where my shopping ads policies are incorrect or out of date.

So, I am glad to read your post. Maybe google has the glitch. Now I'm scared to mess with the ads, for fear I might cause a real google ad policy issue.

I think I will wait few days and see if something good happens. Maybe, it will straighten itself out??????????
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past month, my attributes red marks went from around 320 down to something like 77 and then some number like 50 and then 27 and now today it is back to 228. I only fix listings that need it when I am tweaking that number. When a particular pattern number sells, I tweak all patterns with those numbers.
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We now have 3 sewing patterns, 2 McCall's and 1 Butterick "disapproved" with "Violation of Shopping ads policy".
McCall's Sewing Pattern # M6848 (both sizes) and Butterick Sewing Pattern # B4319.
BUT, life is a little bit too weird right now to worry about Google and their mess.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Butterick 4319 has the same message and I don't have the McCalls' pattern. I don't have the time or attention to even think about fixing them AND I don't have a red exclamation point showing there is a 'problem' so how is someone supposed to even know other than someone telling about their item and I have the same one? I just checked and didn't find it in Google shopping, but did find others. So how are ours different than other sellers.

All I know is I am too tired to even want to think about it.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today the November 5th google crawl is very strange, it shows my store having 0ver 100 more items than the store has, strange.

None of the items i worked on has changed. I am still seeing the
(disapproved)
(Violation of Shopping ads policy)
(Review Shopping ads policies and update your feed to meet the requirements)

I'm gonna wait until after the Tuesday crawl, maybe it will all turn out better???
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ old-friends-media, this problem comes up from time to time. It's a computer glitch which normally is resolved within one to two feeds. If you take no action, all should be well in a few days.

@ PrimroseCafe & Moonwishes, I took a look at the pattern #s in question in both your stores. Your descriptions both have the word mask which is in violation of Google Ad Policy. They do not allow any ads (including Google Shopping Ads) which contain the word mask. It's been that way since at least March when it went into effect. The most recent info I could find was August when it was implied by a Google rep that the policy would be in effect until "the covid-19 pandemic is over". It was just "your lucky day" that the seach bots discovered the word in your description. It's my understanding that removing the word and requesting eCRATER to resubmit the listings to Google Shopping should fix the problem.

@ 2tip3py1, you didn't give any examples of problems, so I can't offer any suggestions. I really wouldn't make changes unless you know why you are making the changes. Items actually "Disapproved" by Google Shopping, don't normally self correct. Also, we've been told in the past that it can take up to a month to get a disapproved item back in GS. We have the make the change, notify eCrater of the change and request a resubmit, they resubmit with a request to GS, GS reviews the request and makes a decision, then GS gets back with eCRATER. This system IS NOT created by eCRATER, but required by Google Shopping.

I've had 6 postcards disapproved by GS since the ban on Confederate Flags. The postcards are of paintings of the Confederate Pres. and a general after the war that were made while they were held in a US Fort. One has sold by direct to store link. Other sellers have had items disapproved because of the word "ivory" being prohibited (even when the context clearly shows it is a color or part of a vintage company name.) Rolling Eyes
pickychicky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second everything Sheila said. I've had a number of img links fail for whatever reason and then clear themselves up by the next feed or two without me doing anything. I've also had a couple/few pop up due to alleged violations of their policies...like the 'The Mask of Zorro' movie I sold after changing the word to "Mosk" (which I was really tempted to change to "Musk" in this case lol).

Political correctness and blanket sweeps really have no place in a world full of countless variables. Nothing in life is black and white. Everything is just another shade of gray.

Last edited by pickychicky on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Other sellers have had items disapproved because of the word "ivory" being prohibited (even when the context clearly shows it is a color or part of a vintage company name.)

One of the biggies that hubby ran into with his work restoring pianos. He would recycle old ivory keytops for a customer if he had enough that would fit correctly and the customer was willing to pay big bucks for him to do this. When we visited the Toronto Zoo and we got to the elephants and the guy speaking about the elephants opened it up for question, he asked what they did with the tusks. The guy looked dumbfounded and acted like hubby was going to steal them or something. Apparently, they are buried with the elephant, even though if they were harvested legally, it would have kept the expense of the elephant enclosure for a good long time. I guess they wanted to do fundraising projects instead. There should be a way to deal with something like this without any waste.

Sheila, thanks for the explanation. Hard to not have the word mask in a costume pattern! I am so tired of all these silly rules that are meant to protect people or an animal when it isn't necessary. The Confederate flag is part of our history like it or not. Reminds me of Orwell's 1984 and Fahrenheit 451.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. -- I just had the thought that there could possibly be something in the image's filename that spells something Google doesn't allow, considering they're generated. I'll have to check that out next time I see it.

P.S.S. -- Hahaha! I just remembered the time back when we discovered that Google has a problem with the word "ASSembly" in descriptions and folks were forced to either use a$$embly or scramble to word it differently. LOL I wonder if they ever changed that because "Assembly Required" would surely be on a LOT of pages. I haven't heard anyone mention it in years, so they must have.

Last edited by pickychicky on Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
pickychicky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
There should be a way to deal with something like this without any waste.

DOUBLE DITTO TO THAT! I cannot believe they would just bury the tusks with an elephant who doesn't need them anymore. It's not like they'd be desecrating a corpse because it's just like donating organs to save lives. The ivory could have been legally obtained and then used to support the living elephants, like you said. Although, I think the problem lies more in the fact that they want people to quit wanting it because the desire for it is what makes an illegal market for it. However, if they would take advantage of cases such as this, then maybe the market would have more options at better prices and have less of a need for the illegal market that causes the needless killing of animals in the first place.

Again, nothing in life is black and white. You can't just say 'It's illegal now because we don't want you to want it' and expect the killing to stop. That only makes things worse...as is painfully obvious...because they're just adding to its value, making it even more profitable (and worth the risk) for criminals on safari. Ludicrous laws make billions for folks like El Chapo (talk about a rags to riches story). Their solution to that (among other things)? Build a wall. Yeah, that'll certainly keep a tunnel-borer like him out. Did they forget about his great escape from a high-security prison? LOL That would just make more of a market for someone like him to bore tunnels for more than drug smuggling...for all the people who view him as a modern-day Robin Hood.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at my google quality info and all of a sudden I have 5 items that are being disapproved for "Violation of Shopping ads policy Review Shopping ads policies and update your feed to meet the requirements" Everything has been clear for a month or so. I had also had the same problem with halloween items for sale and the word "mask" Although I was told that it was because of the word "mask", I can't imagine that Google would disapprove because of the word "mask" - there are so many "masks" for sale nowadays and they keep showing up on searches including google shopping. It just doesn't make sense.

Now, these 5 items that I just saw today have nothing to do with masks and they are not newly listed items - they are just EAPG glass items. It is either a google problem or a feed problem, but it needs to be fixed.

I just get so frustrated with google
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are discussing that Shopping Ads policy nonsense in the Sellers Only forum if you'd like to see some of the insights.

My guess? You use the terms "bust" and "hip" in your descriptions. Google's not going to have any of that smutty language sleazing up their ads! Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, these 5 items that I just saw today have nothing to do with masks and they are not newly listed items

While mine might have contained the word mask it had been in inventory for a long while as your items were.

The thing that frustrates me the most about Google is we have NEVER signed up to sell with them. Yet somehow they think that they can dictate the rules to all online sellers, yet we never get one cent for the money that they make on us. Having online sellers that don't have all the proper attributes so they won't show them in search shows how defective their 'search engine' is. Like has Yahoo or Bing or any other search engine tried to tell sellers what to do and how to make their llistings. Of course not. That is what goes to the head of my frustration with Google.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
Now, these 5 items that I just saw today have nothing to do with masks and they are not newly listed items

While mine might have contained the word mask it had been in inventory for a long while as your items were.

The thing that frustrates me the most about Google is we have NEVER signed up to sell with them. Yet somehow they think that they can dictate the rules to all online sellers, yet we never get one cent for the money that they make on us. Having online sellers that don't have all the proper attributes so they won't show them in search shows how defective their 'search engine' is. Like has Yahoo or Bing or any other search engine tried to tell sellers what to do and how to make their llistings. Of course not. That is what goes to the head of my frustration with Google.

Actually, it's just like a marketplace site needing to control its own Google visibility by setting SEO guidelines to keep online sellers from damaging the entire site's visibility. Google has had to set those SEO guidelines to ensure quality, relevant results are provided, which has always basically stayed the same (keep it simple and real) despite the many algorithm changes (mainly for applying programming to thwart cheaters and scammers). The attributes are for Google Shopping, not organic search. If you pay a fee on a marketplace transaction, then you are paying to use Google Shopping.

This is what I've been talking about. You obviously don't like paying that money to Google anymore than I do, particularly not for what we supposedly get in return, but really don't despite the hoops we jump through. So, if we're going to pay, anyway, why not let that money go to eCrater, instead, so they can actually put it to much better use for all of us? It's good to be seen in the marketplace, but it's only ONE area to be seen. We need to be seen everywhere and Google organic is free, no attributes required (although, they do help in organic search, you just don't get disapproved for errors; they simply ignore the mistake as if the attribute doesn't exist).

Having access to the Search Console with the G code would show you what's not getting indexed so maybe you can figure out why or simply submit it for indexing. If you're having trouble, you would be able to contact Google directly for assistance because you would have the G code required for your account. So, really, what's more important to you as a seller? Paying to have your visibility toyed with just so you can be seen on a minuscule fraction of the internet (maybe) or paying our guys to focus on properly maintaining the site, keeping up with the times so we remain competitive, in control of our own visibility, and can be seen everywhere for free (no additional expense required on either side)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: