eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

My shop name + Ecrater charging random people 50 cents?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonriselotus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: My shop name + Ecrater charging random people 50 cents? Reply with quote

I've gotten two emails now within a day from different people saying they have a 50 cent charge from my shop url. Neither of them are familiar with me or my shop, and they had to Google the name to find my contact.

I've checked my "orders" section under my shop's dashboard, and there are no transactions. We recently launched and have not had one sale yet. I've also checked the PayPal, and there are also zero transactions listed under the activity.

I also don't have any products listed for 50 cents!

I've sense changed my passwords, but it doesn't make sense. If I was hacked, wouldn't there still be a trace of the charge through my Ecrater orders section, and/or my PayPal activity page?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should contact Ecrater using the contact button on the main ecrater.com page.

I have not heard of this happening before and it sounds like a phishing scam.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oct. 13 Stripe debited my US account that they pay into 45 cents. I have no idea what that is for.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why that might be happening, but I did get an email from Stripe which tells me they are doing something new. Here it is and I hope I got all the personal stuff redacted.

Quote:
Congratulations!

A payout for $12.11 is on its way to the bank account for moonwishesstore.ecrater.

We expect your funds to arrive before the end of the day on 2020-11-17.

The Stripe Payout ID for this payout is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX which can be found in your Stripe Dashboard.

Review details about your payout

This is a new notification we’ve added to help improve your payouts experience with Stripe. You’ll get this email each time a payout is initiated. If you’d prefer not to receive this email, you can unsubscribe by deselecting “Payouts” from your email preferences.

You can find answers to the most common questions about payouts in our payouts support article. If you can’t find the answer to your question on our support page, get in touch with us at support.stripe.com. We’re here to help you at any step along the way.

In my mind, it seems that just about every time a business institutes new whatever, something glitches. I would recommend for sure notifying eCRATER as they can see things that we can't.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: