eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Support Never replied
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yungod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: Support Never replied Reply with quote

I've fixed all the problems on my stores as mentioned in the sticky notes, then I contacted the support, but they never replied to me, are they still taking care of their sellers?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a very small staff and it is the weekend.
yungod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
They have a very small staff and it is the weekend.

It's more than 2 weeks, what weekend?
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater response should be within a couple of days. If no response, contact again, and again if necessary. Some sort of explanation is needed from eCrater as to what issues are preventing the seller from moving forward..
yungod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsDsHandKnits wrote:
eCrater response should be within a couple of days. If no response, contact again, and again if necessary. Some sort of explanation is needed from eCrater as to what issues are preventing the seller from moving forward..

Thank you so much!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with checking with the team as to if there is anything still wrong with your store, I'm thinking part of it is using trademark characters without permission. I also noticed this on your home page text.

Quote:
we're the number 1 store on eCRATER that brings the best high-quality art products,

Umm, how did you establish the fact that you are the number one store here for art products when you don't seem to have any art products listed, but maybe you did prior to being suspended? I don't really know. Calling drawings 'art product' is not the normal way for people to say what they are selling. It would be more along the lines of pencil drawing, pen and ink drawings, etc. in that sort of way. To me, art products are pencils, inks, paint, and paper, etc.

What I do know is that claiming to be number one is an iffy thing since you would have no access to see all the different sellers except by manually going through all the listings to see. I may consider myself to be the number one pattern seller here at eCRATER, but perhaps some of the other patterns think the same thing. Only with an incredible amount of research can it be known if you/we are. In other words, you shouldn't be claiming to be something that you can't prove.
yungod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Along with checking with the team as to if there is anything still wrong with your store, I'm thinking part of it is using trademark characters without permission. I also noticed this on your home page text.

Quote:
we're the number 1 store on eCRATER that brings the best high-quality art products,

Umm, how did you establish the fact that you are the number one store here for art products when you don't seem to have any art products listed, but maybe you did prior to being suspended? I don't really know. Calling drawings 'art product' is not the normal way for people to say what they are selling. It would be more along the lines of pencil drawing, pen and ink drawings, etc. in that sort of way. To me, art products are pencils, inks, paint, and paper, etc.

What I do know is that claiming to be number one is an iffy thing since you would have no access to see all the different sellers except by manually going through all the listings to see. I may consider myself to be the number one pattern seller here at eCRATER, but perhaps some of the other patterns think the same thing. Only with an incredible amount of research can it be known if you/we are. In other words, you shouldn't be claiming to be something that you can't prove.

So do you mean I won't get my account back cause I've said the number one, I thought this is a general marketplace where I can write my about page without being followed by other sellers' opinions? I'd like to know if you're one of the eCRATER team?

btw what you saw there was written before my account got suspended, and those drawings are new listings, I still didn't get it, what is the problem with that, why would that cause me to suspend, while I can write whatever I want on other marketplaces like eBay or Etsy.

I don't even know why are you saying this, while I'm asking why eCRATER didn't reply?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought this is a general marketplace where I can write my about page without being followed by other sellers' opinions?

No, I am not part of the eCRATER team. Nor did I imply that I was. This was a suggestion to you that unless you can prove that you are in fact Number 1 of all eCRATER sellers in the niche that you are selling in, you probably shouldn't say it. Nor did I say that this was the reason that you were suspended. I was only saying that you are stating something you can't prove, but if you want that on your home page, be my guest. No more opinions from me. It was only something I noticed in trying to see if I could help you figure why you were suspended.
yungod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
I thought this is a general marketplace where I can write my about page without being followed by other sellers' opinions?

No, I am not part of the eCRATER team. Nor did I imply that I was. This was a suggestion to you that unless you can prove that you are in fact Number 1 of all eCRATER sellers in the niche that you are selling in, you probably shouldn't say it. Nor did I say that this was the reason that you were suspended. I was only saying that you are stating something you can't prove, but if you want that on your home page, be my guest. No more opinions from me. It was only something I noticed in trying to see if I could help you figure why you were suspended.

I have no problem with that once I get my store back, I'll prove it!
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you the artist that is making the drawings? You have to come up with drawings that are not from a place that is trademarked. If you use Marvel character's in any way that is unique to Marvel's spin on the character, it falls under copyright infringement.

If you show proof to Ecrater that you have permission to sell the drawings then they will probably lift the suspension.

You can write what you want to promote your store. For the most part in the United States people might think that art products are what you use to make drawings. If you are a #1 seller of art products you would sell drawing pencils, paper and other art supplies.
I know it is a way of promoting your store but in your case it does not make sense.

Maybe you are the #1 seller of art drawings? If you drew the pictures you are very talented. You can make portraits of people's pets or children and probably make a good living at it.
yungod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
Are you the artist that is making the drawings? You have to come up with drawings that are not from a place that is trademarked. If you use Marvel character's in any way that is unique to Marvel's spin on the character, it falls under copyright infringement.

If you show proof to Ecrater that you have permission to sell the drawings then they will probably lift the suspension.

You can write what you want to promote your store. For the most part in the United States people might think that art products are what you use to make drawings. If you are a #1 seller of art products you would sell drawing pencils, paper and other art supplies.
I know it is a way of promoting your store but in your case, it does not make sense.

Maybe you are the #1 seller of art drawings? If you drew the pictures you are very talented. You can make portraits of people's pets or children and probably make a good living at it.

If that's the problem, I'd definitely delete, and please note that seller and competitors will be mad cause I said that, but for buyers, they won't have any issue with that.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yungod wrote:

If that's the problem, I'd definitely delete, and please note that seller and competitors will be mad cause I said that, but for buyers, they won't have any issue with that.

Buyers won't care but the companies that own the copyrights to the images will care.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yungod wrote:
I've fixed all the problems on my stores as mentioned in the sticky notes, then I contacted the support, but they never replied to me, are they still taking care of their sellers?
You need to identify the problems in your store, fix the problems, then contact the staff. When you contact the staff it would be helpful if you 1) identify the area where your store didn't comply with the rules, 2) state what action you took, and 3)request your store be reinstated.

Please note, I do not work for eCRATER, I can't see anything with you store more than what a customer can see of your store (I can't see your admin.), and I'm a fellow seller trying to help.

Since your store is still suspended, there must still be problems that have not been fixed. I noted from your first postings (early last week) that you were selling digital copies of current software from major software companies (Microsoft for one). This is an area that is filled with "pirated materials and products" (which are not allowed to be sold on eCRATER). If you are an authorized dealer of these products, you simply needed to contact eCRATER with copies of your authorization.

It appears you didn't wait until the suspension was removed before you began adding products of trademarked copyrighted images that have been used as the base of a drawing by another artist. Are you sure these drawings are authorized by the trademark owners? If the artist that did the drawings had authorization, has the artist given permission for other merchants to sell the drawings? Just because you find something available for sale on the internet does not mean you can sell it also. You must comply with the U.S. trademark and copyright laws. Also, even if you find something available for wholesale purchase, you must make sure the "wholesaler" has permission to sell the items. They may be violation of US law and just haven't gotten caught yet.

I just checked your store and the 4 art drawings I saw last night have been removed. I would say you need to find a product that isn't trademarked, copyrighted, and/or government regulated to sell then contact eCRATER to see if they will even allow you to be reinstated.

Note: from the FAQs on the main ecrater.com site:
Quote:
My store got suspended? What should I do now?
eCRATER strives to provide safe environment for both buyers and sellers. If we find that your store violates our policies, we may deactivate the account. Please note that suspension does not mean termination. In most cases, unless you are a fraudulent merchant or repeated offender, we will reactivate your account after you fix the issue.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 1rst recommendation to anyone with a store suspended is:

#1 Stop spamming the forum with duplicates topics of his/her issue. Avoid the "persecutions" stories.

The eCrater Team read the forum random. You need support from technical issues. Contact them directly. If your store was suspended about issues of copyright or "strange" transactions. It will not be resolve next day.

#2 In the forum. Technically all of us are users of eCrater. We can not fix nothing.

#3 You write in the forum. Be ready to get opinions and feedback from the other users.

I read a lot of stories about suspended stores. Many of the times, I had the opportunity to see the stores. It is something odd. Obviously, the eCrater Team will catch it.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About drawings. Get in mind any character and even some photographs have copyright.

I'm a comic fan. As far I can tell. Marvel/Star War (Disney), DC (Warner Bros), etc will not persecute people if the draw their characters in any media and have them for selling. If you are selling them as original artwork, maybe the artist will contact you.

Now if you are making drawings in a "mechanical" or "digital" method in specific printing. Be aware that creating dozens of copies of the same work over and over will activate the companies.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: