eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feedback rating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asset-liquidators

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Feedback rating Reply with quote

Can anyone explain this? My feedback:
Overall 106+ / 1- / 461 unrated / 568 sales / 96.58%

I come across someone elses:
Overall 46+ / 1- / 190 unrated / 237 sales / 99.31%

How is this even possible? Does ecrater just make up whatever percentage they feel like?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are rules that control the feedback, but they are different from other sites. Feedback is on a scale from -100% to +100% instead of a scale from 0 to 100. The value of the item sold is also calculated into the feedback.

There is detailed information available in the Community FAQs. Here's a link to the topic.
https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2291

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the system, I'm simply pointing to information that explains the system.
asset-liquidators

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks for the info. Just seems weird that after 9 years the feedback percentage never changes.
Even worse when it was from a buyer trying to contact me with an email address that wasn't mine. Oh well, not like a lot sells on here anyway.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they can fix it at this late date, but eCRATER has always been willing to fix unwarranted feedback. No harm in asking.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must or should be communication between the seller and (all) unhappy buyer's. The seller needs to show they tried or were willing to try and make right; whatever the buyer found objectionable.

I find eCRATER is fair. They for sure will look at both sides. So, do the right thing, be respectful/polite in all communications, and try to fix problems - and you are pretty much covered by eCRATER.

Simply said, honesty and good behavior - to the best of one's ability; is always the better policy. This will help anyone avoid (almost all) uncomfortable/unhappy/stressful situations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: